1. Almost a ¼ (23%) of people didn’t have home insurance when they moved. Opinium Survey data (Based on 2005 respondents 23rd of June 2017 to 27th of June 2017)
2. The average value of contents when moving is £14,000. Opinium Survey data
3. The average combined home insurance policy is £114.69. MSM quote data (Based on MoneySuperMarket quotes from the 1st of April 2017 – 30th June 2017)
4. 50% of movers did not use a professional to move their contents. Opinium Survey data
5. Young people move most often yet 38% of young people did not have insurance when they moved. Opinium Survey data
6. Londoners move most often and 30% of Londoners didn’t have insurance when they moved. Opinium Survey data
7. 42% of Insurers don’t cover your move. MSM quote data.
Find this helpful? You can share this article