Hello again!

Sign-in to see your recent quotes, or get a new one

Our service seems to be down currently, please try again later
Looks like this isn’t matching the password we have for you – give it another try
Please let us know your email address
Oh no, we can’t find your email address on our records

To make things quick and easy for you, we can remember your sign-in details for 90 days.

We don’t recommend this if you’re using a shared computer.

Home Insurance

Compare cheap home insurance quotes today

Save up to £75* on your home insurance

Get a brand new quote Retrieve quotes

*51% of customers could save up to £75.83. Consumer Intelligence, Oct 2016.


What information do I need to run a home insurance quote?

When protecting your home, you can take out either contents or buildings insurance. Both usually cover flooding, fire, storms and falling trees, theft and vandalism, explosions, leaking water or oil and criminal damage.

Here are the details you’ll need to provide to get a quote for cover for your home:

  • Details about your property: Your address, the type of property, number of rooms, what percentage of the roof is flat (we’ll help you work this out) and roughly when it was built.
  • Who lives at your property: Including when people are typically at home.
  • Exterior of your property: The number of trees taller than 10 metres that are within five metres of the property.
  • Rebuilding cost & value of contents: Based on your postcode, we’ll suggest a figure for the cost.
  • Security at your property: What sort of locks are on the doors and windows?
Get a quote
Drawing of house with hill in background

What do our customers think of us?


Customer satisfaction rating

**Based on 10,220 reviews in the last 12 months - Read all reviews

How can MoneySuperMarket help me save money on my home insurance?

MoneySuperMarket is dedicated to finding you the right home insurance for your needs at the best possible price.

When you give us your details, we send them to over 60 home insurers which then compete for your business. We rank them on price and provide full information on the cover provided so you can find the right policy to protect your home.

We’re 100% independent: working only for our customers

Unlike some of our competitors, MoneySuperMarket is not owned by an insurance company. So we can offer the best value, with savings delivered straight to you.

We combine independence, so we can negotiate the best prices, with excellent technology, to find the best value products and services for you. That’s what makes us - in our customers’ opinions - the best price comparison website.

Epic Winter Savings!

Save up to £75 on your home insurance plus an additional Winter cash saving on policies from some of the UK’s biggest insurers. Switch today to lock in your saving!

*51% of customers could save up to £75.83. Consumer Intelligence, October 2016

"Got a good deal on home insurance, much cheaper than my renewal quote."


“Got a very big quote for home insurance from my old company. Managed to find a significantly cheaper quote for home and contents combined."

Raynes Park, London

 “Easy, good comparison, saved my uncle £200 on house insurance."


“So happy got me my cheapest quote.”


See all reviews

Home insurance guides

Home news

You and your home


What types of home insurance are there?

There are two types of home insurance:

Contents insurance

Contents insurance provides protection for your valuables and covers your home contents against loss or damage by theft or attempted theft, flood, storm, fire, explosion, lightning or earthquake.

When running a quote you might find it helpful to work out the value of the contents of each room in turn before adding them together for your grand total. We’ll ask you about the value of expensive single items in your home, such as laptops, bicycles and items worth more than £1,000, to ensure your possessions are adequately covered. 

Buildings insurance

You can reduce the cost of home insurance by taking out a combined buildings and contents insurance policy with an insurer that offers a discount if you buy both types from them.

Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairs or rebuilding works to the structural parts of your home. It provides protection for your home from flooding, fire and storms. The amount of buildings cover you need is based on how much it would cost to rebuild your property, rather than its market value. When you run a buildings insurance quote, we’ll suggest a re-build amount using data about your address provided by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.

What kind of insurance should I get?

If you own your home, then you will need both buildings and contents insurance. If you have a mortgage, your bank or building society will require you to have buildings insurance.

If you’re a renting your property, then buildings cover will be the responsibility of your landlord, but you will need contents cover to protect your possessions.

How can I save on my home insurance?

Don’t be tempted to scrimp on cover to reduce your premiums. There are other ways you can keep costs down which won’t leave you financially exposed.

When buying cover, remember that taking out combined building and contents cover with the same insurer can be cheaper than buying separate policies.

You could consider increasing your voluntary excess to reduce your premium. This is the part of any insurance claim you have to pay yourself.

Try to pay for your cover in a lump sum up-front if you can. If you pay in monthly instalments instead, you’ll usually have to pay interest on these payments.  

And remember that if you can avoid making a claim, you’ll get lower premiums by building up a no claims bonus.

Level of service

We aim to show you home insurance quotes from as many insurance companies as possible, so that you can find the right policy for you.

Unfortunately, we can’t promise to show quotes from every insurance provider, because not all companies want to be included on comparison websites.

We won’t offer you advice or make a recommendation, but we will provide you with all the information you need to help you decide which is the right policy for you.

You can find out more about how we work here.