How can I compare public liability insurance deals?
As with any form of insurance, it’s important to compare a variety of public liability insurance policies from different providers before buying. Check the levels of protection on offer as well as the annual premiums, and consider carefully where you should set your excess.
MoneySuperMarket’s public liability insurance comparison channel will help you gather a selection of quotes within minutes, to help you find the best deal for you.
Which other types of insurance can I get for my business ?
Aside from public liability insurance, you can also find other types of cover for your business:
- Employers’ liability: Employers’ liability cover is to protect you against legal costs if an employee is injured, gets ill, or their property gets damaged as a result of your business. It’s legally required if your business employs others
- Product liability: Product liability insurance covers you for any costs resulting from a person becoming ill or injured or having their property damaged by a product your business sells – often even if you didn’t manufacture it
- Professional indemnity: A professional indemnity policy is useful protection if you give advice to clients as part of your business. It covers the cost of claims made against you if the client suffers any losses as a result of the advice or work you did
- Business interruption: With business interruption insurance you’ll be covered for at least part of any lost income as a result of an insured event, such as a fire or flood
- Business property: Also known as business buildings insurance, this is useful if you conduct your business from one or more premises. You’ll be covered for damage done to the building as a result of an insured event
- Business motor: If your business uses vehicles then you’ll be legally required to take out business motor insurance to at least a third party only level of cover. This protects you against the cost of damage you cause to another person, their vehicle or their property as a result of your driving
- Cyber: Cyber insurance is a crucial part of modern day business, as it can cover a wide variety of costs associated with falling victim to a cyber attack
Depending on the size and nature of your business you could benefit from some or all of the above – just tell us what you need and we’ll find you the best business insurance quotes available.
Public liability insurance will not cover:
What else do I need to know about public liability insurance?
First and foremost, it’s important to note that the complete cost of any claim you need to make under public liability cover is unlikely to be met by your insurer. You are likely to have to pay an excess at a level agreed when you first set up your policy - for example, the first £250 or £500 of any claim.
As a general rule of thumb, if you opt for a higher excess the price of your public liability insurance premium may come down - but it’s important to be sure you could genuinely afford to pay the excess in the event of a crisis.
Do I need public liability insurance?
We’ve teamed up with Simply Business to help you compare a range of quotes from leading insurers. It’s quick and easy to complete a quote and you can buy a policy online in minutes.
Get Money Calm
MoneySuperMarket gives you lots of clever ways to save a lot, by doing very little.
- Take control of your credit score by checking and improving it for free with Credit Monitor
- Never overpay again with Energy Monitor, our energy monitoring service
- Over 50 ways to Get Money Calm
So how do we make our money? In a nutshell, when you use us to buy a product, we get a reward from the company you’re buying from.
But you might have other questions. Do we provide access to all the companies operating in a given market? Do we have commercial relationships or ownership ties that might make us feature one company above another?
We commit to providing you with clear and informative answers on all points such as this, so we have gathered the relevant information on this page.