Who are Policy Expert?
Policy Expert launched in 2011, and now insure more than 250,000 homes across the UK. They pride themselves on their customer-centric approach, and claim any decision they take must pass their ‘customer first’ test.
Having over 150 experts in its Milton Keynes contact centre means getting hold of them to take out cover or to make a claim is easy. They offer contents insurance and buildings insurance, with the option of taking out combined cover.
Due to the Flood Re scheme Policy Expert is now able to offer cover to homes most at risk of flooding in the UK.
Why choose Policy Expert
- Fix your premium for two years.
- Cover can be purchased securely online.
- Combined contents-building insurance available.
- No admin fees for making changes to your policy.
What you should know
- Home insurance policies are there to cover loss or damage due to unforeseen events such as fire or floods. They are not designed to cover general wear-and-tear or damage caused by poor maintenance.
- Optional extras include legal expenses cover, additional accidental damage cover and home emergency cover.
- Policy Expert policies provide a basic level of accidental damage cover as standard, providing cover for things like windows, glass topped furniture and sanitary fittings.
Contact Policy Expert
0330 0600 600
9am - 8pm Monday to Thursday
9am - 6pm Friday
9am - 2pm Saturday
Finding the right cover
When buying home insurance, it’s important to think carefully about your individual requirements and exactly how much and what type of cover you need.
For example, adding optional extras such as accidental damage cover might be a priority if you’ve got young children running around, but you might not consider it a necessity if you don’t.
Make sure your home security is up to scratch when you buy cover. Insurers often offer discounts to those whose homes have high quality locks and an alarm system. If your home isn’t secure, and someone breaks in, any claim you make is likely to be invalidated.
Why it pays to shop around
Always compare quotes from several different insurers before buying home insurance and remember that even if you’ve found a great deal one year, the renewal quote offered the following year could be much higher.
Make a note of when your policy is due to expire, and check to see whether you might be able to make savings by switching to an alternative provider. Use our home insurance channel to compare policies and find cover that’s right for you.
Where to next?