Who are Privilege?
Privilege have provided insurance since 1994. They are a division of the Direct Line Group and their policies are underwritten by UK Insurance Limited.
Over 600,000 people are covered by Privilege, which prides itself on offering home insurance to people from lots of different walks of life.
There is access to a 24-hour emergency helpline if your home cannot be lived in due to damage caused by fire, flood or escape of water, or if your property needs securing because locks have been damaged following a burglary.
Privilege offer combined contents and building insurance, with the option of two different levels of cover. You can buy buildings or contents cover separately.
Why choose Privilege
- You can manage your policy online.
- Combined contents-building insurance options.
- Two levels of cover offered – Standard and Platinum.
- Up to £1m or unlimited buildings cover depending on the policy you choose.
What you should know
- You can pay online for your home insurance.
- You can add family legal protection, personal possessions, accidental damage and home emergency cover if desired.
- In some sections of your policy you can pay a higher voluntary excess in return for a reduction in premium.
0345 246 8534
8am - 9pm Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm Saturday
10am - 5pm Sunday
Finding the right cover
Think carefully about exactly how much cover you will need before buying home insurance, and remember that the amount of buildings cover you need should be based on the re-build cost of your home and not your property’s market value.
Always compare the cost of cover from several different insurers before buying to ensure you don’t pay more than you need to.
Remember that you will need to make sure your home is properly secured, or insurers won’t pay out if it’s proved you’ve been careless. There are lots of useful tips here on how to boost your home security.
Why it pays to shop around
Never just accept the renewal quote offered by your provider. You might be able to cut the cost of your premiums by switching to a different insurer. It’s therefore a good idea to compare lots of different policies before buying to ensure you’ve found the right deal to suit your needs at the right price. You can use our home insurance channel to find a policy.