The UK's Speeding Hotspots
We all know that speeding is dangerous both for vehicle occupants and pedestrians, but it is worth considering that it will also impact upon car insurance. It is estimated that someone who is caught speeding will be forced to pay approximately 17% more the following year for car insurance when their renewal is due.
Using data from the latest MoneySupermarket Motor Monitor, we analysed which drivers are statistically the most likely to be caught speeding based on any convictions which they have indicated when retrieving car insurance quotes. We have analysed over 18 million car insurance quotes to gain a more accurate reflection of the overall UK motoring market.
It appears that Porsche owners are statistically the most likely to get caught flouting the speed limit. Breaking this data down by location, it appears that people living in Bournemouth are the most frequent speeders, while people living in London are the least likely. This is perhaps unsurprising when you consider traffic congestion in the capital.
Looking at this data based on occupation, it seems that Operation Directors and Surgeons are the most likely to speed, while driving instructors are unsurprisingly one of the least likely to get caught contravening the rules of the road...
Embed this Infographic on your site:
- 50 years of the Porsche 911
- Brits on the Go
- British GP Facts and Figures
- Cars of the Silver Screen
- Driving Distractions
- Euro Car Contest
- ECJ Car Insurance Impact Analysed
- Good Driver or Bad Driver?
- Grand Prix Driver of the Year
- Guide to Learning to Drive
- Here is what you could have won
- Mini Cooper: Old Vs. New
- MoneySupermarket.com Car of the Year
- New Vs Used Cars
- Should I Go LPG?
- Snow need to panic
- The Cars That Won’t Die
- The cost of running your car on alternative fuels
- The Future of Motoring: Driverless Cars
- The UK’s Speeding Hotspots
- The UK’s Worst Drink & Drug Driving Offenders
- The Cost of Learning to Drive
- The Cost of Motoring over a Lifetime
- The Worldwide Cost of Fuel
- What If Every Car Was Electric?
- What’s Our Driving Passion?
- The World’s most expensive cars
- British GP Hero
†82% of shoppers obtained a quote in 5 minutes or less. Source eDigitalResearch December 2012.