- 50 years of the Porsche 911
- Brits on the Go
- British GP Facts and Figures
- Cars of the Silver Screen
- Driving Distractions
- Euro Car Contest
- ECJ Car Insurance Impact Analysed
- Good Driver or Bad Driver?
- Grand Prix Driver of the Year
- Guide to Learning to Drive
- Here is what you could have won
- Mini Cooper: Old Vs. New
- MoneySupermarket.com Car of the Year
- New Vs Used Cars
- Should I Go LPG?
- Snow need to panic
- The Cars That Won’t Die
- The cost of running your car on alternative fuels
- The Future of Motoring: Driverless Cars
- The UK’s Speeding Hotspots
- The UK’s Worst Drink & Drug Driving Offenders
- The Cost of Learning to Drive
- The Cost of Motoring over a Lifetime
- The Worldwide Cost of Fuel
- What If Every Car Was Electric?
- What’s Our Driving Passion?
The UK's Worst Drink & Drug Driving Offenders Revealed
Harrogate in North Yorkshire is the area with the highest concentration of motorists who have been issued with penalties for driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
This is according to data from over 14 million car insurance quotes which were retrieved from the MoneySupermarket.com car insurance comparison site. 147,000 of these quotes were for motorists who had previously been caught driving a car while under the influence of drink or drugs. Not only is this incredibly dangerous, but people who are found guilty of this also stand to be issued with fines of up to £5,000 and may face a 12 month driving ban.
We have collated all of our data and presented the groups who are most likely to commit this offence in drink and drug driving infographic. This is all according to data presented in the latest MoneySupermarket Motor Monitor...