Cars of the Silver Screen
Looking for car insurance can be a time consuming and expensive business. However, if you were trying to insure some of these film treasures you might expect a few extra zeros on the end of your premium! From the Ford Mercury that James Dean famously drove in his last film, Rebel Without a Cause, to the brand new Audi R8 e-tron that Tony Stark drives in Iron Man 3, cars have played a massive part in iconic film history.
However, it is not always the ultra-cool cars that steal the limelight in blockbuster movies. Quite often the most memorable cars are the most unlikely. Take, for instance the Cadillac 'Ecto-1' that the Ghostbusters used to get around the busy New York streets, or the Volkswagen Beetle that got into so many scrapes in the Herbie movies.
To celebrate these unlikely heroes, we've taken a look at the timeline of great cars of the silver screen.
Embed this Infographic on your site:
- 50 years of the Porsche 911
- Brits on the Go
- British GP Facts and Figures
- Cars of the Silver Screen
- Driving Distractions
- Euro Car Contest
- ECJ Car Insurance Impact Analysed
- Good Driver or Bad Driver?
- Grand Prix Driver of the Year
- Guide to Learning to Drive
- Here is what you could have won
- Mini Cooper: Old Vs. New
- MoneySupermarket.com Car of the Year
- New Vs Used Cars
- Should I Go LPG?
- Snow need to panic
- The Cars That Won’t Die
- The cost of running your car on alternative fuels
- The Future of Motoring: Driverless Cars
- The UK’s Speeding Hotspots
- The UK’s Worst Drink & Drug Driving Offenders
- The Cost of Learning to Drive
- The Cost of Motoring over a Lifetime
- The Worldwide Cost of Fuel
- What If Every Car Was Electric?
- What’s Our Driving Passion?
- The World’s most expensive cars
- British GP Hero
†82% of shoppers obtained a quote in 5 minutes or less. Source eDigitalResearch December 2012.