- 50 years of the Porsche 911
- Brits on the Go
- British GP Facts and Figures
- Cars of the Silver Screen
- Driving Distractions
- Euro Car Contest
- ECJ Car Insurance Impact Analysed
- Good Driver or Bad Driver?
- Grand Prix Driver of the Year
- Guide to Learning to Drive
- Here is what you could have won
- Mini Cooper: Old Vs. New
- MoneySupermarket.com Car of the Year
- New Vs Used Cars
- Should I Go LPG?
- Snow need to panic
- The Cars That Won’t Die
- The cost of running your car on alternative fuels
- The Future of Motoring: Driverless Cars
- The UK’s Speeding Hotspots
- The UK’s Worst Drink & Drug Driving Offenders
- The Cost of Learning to Drive
- The Cost of Motoring over a Lifetime
- The Worldwide Cost of Fuel
- What If Every Car Was Electric?
- What’s Our Driving Passion?
The cost of running your car on alternative fuels
The prospect of filling a car at the pumps is becoming an increasingly daunting prospect for the majority of motorists due to the rising cost of raw oil supplies.
This is a problem which shows no signs of abating; with a survey conducted by MoneySupermarket last year revealing that 62% of motorists have been forced to reduce the amount of time they spend behind the wheel. A further 5% claimed that they had been forced to give up driving altogether. Cont...
Not only do greener vehicles offer the prospect of reduced annual fuel bills, but most of them are also exempt from road tax charges and eligible for a 5% car insurance discount through some insurers who are keen to promote environmentally friendly vehicle adoption. It is therefore no wonder that an increasing number of motorists are looking to more environmentally friendly car designs as the answer to the problem of rising running costs.
With the cost of fuel set to increase further in the coming years as raw oil supplies continue to dwindle, we take a look at the various environmentally friendly options which are currently available to motorists to find out whether or not the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.