50 Years of the Porsche 911
In 2013, the Porsche 911 celebrates its 50th anniversary. Launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1963, it has become an iconic sports car, with its popularity enduring across the decades, notwithstanding periodic fuel shortages and inexorably rising prices at the pumps.
The strength of the original design is demonstrated by the fact there have been no major deviations from the initial basic concept - although continuous refinement across the six different iterations of the model have ensured it has remained at the forefront of the sports car industry.
Every 911 ever produced has rolled off the production line at the same factory in Stuttgart, Germany, where 110 models are completed every single day.
Success in the motorsport arena has helped ensure that the 911 has remained a favourite with petrol heads. Over the years, various versions of the 911 have won 14 separate Le Mans 24 Hour titles.
Embed this Infographic on your site:
- 50 years of the Porsche 911
- Brits on the Go
- British GP Facts and Figures
- Cars of the Silver Screen
- Driving Distractions
- Euro Car Contest
- ECJ Car Insurance Impact Analysed
- Good Driver or Bad Driver?
- Grand Prix Driver of the Year
- Guide to Learning to Drive
- Here is what you could have won
- Mini Cooper: Old Vs. New
- MoneySupermarket.com Car of the Year
- New Vs Used Cars
- Should I Go LPG?
- Snow need to panic
- The Cars That Won’t Die
- The cost of running your car on alternative fuels
- The Future of Motoring: Driverless Cars
- The UK’s Speeding Hotspots
- The UK’s Worst Drink & Drug Driving Offenders
- The Cost of Learning to Drive
- The Cost of Motoring over a Lifetime
- The Worldwide Cost of Fuel
- What If Every Car Was Electric?
- What’s Our Driving Passion?
- The World’s most expensive cars
- British GP Hero
†82% of shoppers obtained a quote in 5 minutes or less. Source eDigitalResearch December 2012.