The Mobile Phones Direct trade in service is an opportunity not to be missed. You can now trade in an old mobile phone or smartphone in return for money off a mobile phone contract.
The money off is distributed equally over the contract, reducing the line rental that you have to pay each month. This bonus can help you in one of three ways:
- You can enjoy a lower monthly line rental
- You can choose a bigger calling and data allowance and let your trade in pay for it
- You can get a better phone, that may previously have been out of your budget
Here is even more good news! Your trade in can be applied in conjunction with other offers. This means that you can get a cashback deal and a trade in discount or get a free gift and a trade in discount.
Exactly how much money off you receive is determined by the value of the mobile phone or smartphone that you trade in. The value of the phone can be surprisingly high, with the value being based upon its model number and its current condition. This is stipulated as either ‘fully working’ or ‘faulty’.
What constitutes a fully working phone?
When you get a trade in deal, the condition of the phone is important. For a mobile phone or smartphone to be recognised as fully working it must:
- Have no liquid damage
- Be fully functional
- Have no damage to the body, display or camera lens
- Have no hardware or software faults
- Have only fair wear and tear
Trade in examples
Here we have a few examples of just how worthwhile it is to take advantage of the Mobile Phones Direct trade in service:
- Trade in an Apple iPhone 6 - Get the Apple iPhone 7 on Three with unlimited minutes and text messages, along with 8GB of data. Usual price £33.00 per month - Trade in price £26.75 per month.
- Trade in a Samsung Galaxy S7 - Get the Samsung Galaxy S8 on EE with unlimited minutes and text messages, along with 10GB of data. Usual price £34.99 per month - Trade in price £26.37 per month.
- Trade in a HTC 10 - Get the HTC U11 on Vodafone with unlimited minutes and text messages, along with 4GB of data. Usual price £34.00 per month - Trade in price £27.96 per month.
Of course, prices are subject to change at any time. So if you see a deal that you like, you should snap it up quickly.
How to get a Mobile Phones Direct trade in
The best thing about the Mobile Phones Direct trade in service is that it is really easy to use. First, you can find the mobile phone and deal that you like on the Moneysupermarket.com website. Next, you can click ‘GO TO SITE’ and you will be redirected to the Mobile Phones Direct website and directly to the deal that you have chosen.
On this page, you will then see a prominent banner that allows you to enter the details of the mobile phone or smartphone that you want to get a trade in quote for. The trade in quote is then automatically discounted from the monthly line rental for your chosen deal.
The savings are also applied to all other mobile phone deals on the Mobile Phones Direct website. This is great for those who wish to further search out the best deal for any phone or price plan.
How a Mobile Phones Direct trade in is processed
Once again, the process couldn’t be easier to complete. When you complete the purchase of a new mobile phone deal with Mobile Phones Direct, a postage pack is automatically sent to you for returning the trade in phone.
To complete the trade in process, there are a few things that you will need. The first is the phone’s IMEI (unique identification number). This can be found by typing *#06# into your phone, after which the phone will display the IMEI on the screen.
You can also find the IMEI of your phone in the settings or by finding where it is printed onto your phone. The IMEI is usually printed underneath the battery.
There are several things to remember to do before you send off your old mobile phone as a trade in. You should remember to wipe your personal data from the phone, remove any PIN or other phone locks and remove your SIM card and microSD memory card, if you have one.
You only need to send off your phone and its battery. This point is well worth mentioning because even if you have broken or lost your phone’s charger, you can still get a trade in deal of the same value.
The trade in quote is valid for 30 days, so there will be plenty of time for you to send your trade in phone back. This is really helpful if you need a few days to transfer content over from your old phone to the new one.