Plusnet pairs industry-leading customer service with keen prices and what it justifiably describes as ‘good, honest’ broadband. Here’s what you need to know…
Why choose Plusnet?
- Among the UK’s cheapest broadband providers
- Award-winning customer service
- Unlimited usage on all packages
- Packages often sweetened with free gifts
Our best Plusnet deals this week
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What broadband packages can I get from Plusnet?
Plusnet offers three different packages to choose from:
- Unlimited Broadband – Entry-level, low cost ADSL/standard broadband service with average speeds of 10Mbps. Apt for single-occupancy households, or homes with two inhabitants
- Unlimited Fibre – Affordable fibre broadband with average speeds of 36Mbps. Suits smaller family homes, with three to four occupants
- Unlimited Fibre Extra – Plusnet’s fastest service with average speeds of 66Mbps. Best for large family homes and multiple occupancy student households
See which broadband speeds are available in your area by checking your area.
All packages are truly unlimited, with no usage restrictions or traffic management.
Line rental is also included in all packages, as Plusnet uses your home phone line to deliver broadband to your house.
Pay as you go calls are standard on all packages, so you’ll only pay for the calls you make. But there’s the option to add call packages if you think you’re going to use your landline phone regularly.
Plusnet fibre broadband deals
Out of the three packages available, two are fibre optic deals: Unlimited Fibre and Unlimited Fibre Extra. Both packages come with Plusnet’s new Hub Two.
What Plusnet call packages are available?
As line rental is included with all packages, pay as you call is standard. But if you think you’ll use your home phone regularly, it will likely work out cheaper to add a call plan to your package.
There are several different plans to choose from:
- Evening & Weekend UK and Mobile calls – Covers calls to UK landlines Monday-Friday 7pm to 7am and anytime at weekends, as well as 1000 minutes of evening and weekend calls to UK mobiles. One hour call duration limit applies
- Unlimited UK and Mobile calls – Unlimited anytime calls to UK landlines and 2000 minutes to UK mobiles
- Anytime International calls – Gives you 300 minutes to landlines and mobiles in 35 overseas locations, including USA and Canada, as well as inclusive UK landline calls. Also includes 25% discount on landline calls to 35 countries
All call plans include free calls to Plusnet numbers and Plusnet support. Plans operate on one-month, rolling-contract, so you’re free to change or stop your plan whenever you like.
Does Plusnet offer broadband only options?
No. Plusnet delivers broadband through your phone line, so you’ll need a landline regardless of whether you plan to use your home phone or not.
Luckily, plans operate on a pay as you go basis as standard, so you won’t have to pay for any calls you’re not making.
Visit our webpage for more on broadband-only deals.
Plusnet no longer sells TV to new customers. So unfortunately you won’t be able to bundle TV and broadband together to save money.
You can compare other TV and broadband bundles on our website.
BT Sport for Plusnet broadband customers
BT Sport is available to Plusnet broadband customers for an additional monthly fee.
However, because there’s no Plusnet set top box, you can only watch it on a games console or mobile via the BT Sport app. Or by logging into the BT Sport Player on the BT Sport website.
If you’re a Plusnet broadband customer but you take your TV from Sky, you can also add BT Sport for the same price.
What does Plusnet offer?
|Fibre optic broadband||Yes|
Can I get Plusnet broadband deals in my area?
Most likely, yes. Just enter your postcode in our broadband availability checker and we’ll show you what you can get in your area.
Plusnet broadband deals for existing customers
If you’re an existing Plusnet customer, there are several perks you can enjoy.
For example, if you already have broadband with Plusnet, you get an extra 2GB of data for free if you decide to get a SIM-only deal with them too.
You can get a few subscriptions for a good price or even free, such as BT Sport and Plusnet’s own antivirus security package, Plusnet Protect.
There’s also a referral scheme – for every friend you get to sign up, you can get a certain amount off your monthly bill.
Some offers may include cashback, a Gift Card or a Reward Card – although these are typically only for new customers when they sign up.
Plusnet broadband set-up
In most instances, you’ll be able to set up your Plusnet broadband service yourself with no need for an engineer visit.
All you need to do is take delivery of the router, plug it in and turn it on. Then you’re good to go.
The major exception is if you don't have a landline at your address. In those cases, you’ll require an engineer to visit and install one. As of March 2022, this service costs £65.
What’s the installation time for Plusnet broadband?
As with most other providers, the average wait time for an engineer visit to get you up and running with Plusnet broadband is 14 days if you have a landline at your address, or 21 days if you don’t.
Plusnet broadband customer service
Plusnet’s customer service is award-winning and UK-based. You can get in touch with them by calling 500 from a Plusnet Mobile or 0800 432 0200 from any other phone. Lines are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-7pm on Saturdays and 9am-6pm on Sundays.
Otherwise, there’s also the Plusnet Community, an online forum where you can post questions and look for answers to common problems.
What’s good about Plusnet broadband?
- Among the UK’s cheapest broadband packages
- Good speeds at a good price
- Excellent reputation for customer support
- Regularly sweetens deals with free gifts and vouchers
- Option to choose 12-month or 18-month contract
- Recommend a friend to get money off your bill
- You can add BT Sport for a cut price
- Option to add a SIM and get extra data free of charge
- Plusnet doesn't require a credit check for its broadband packages
What’s bad about Plusnet broadband?
- All plans need a landline, even if you don’t want a home phone
- No longer offers pay TV via YouView box to new customers
- Not many packages to choose from, nor many options to customise your package
- Much faster broadband is available elsewhere, albeit for a price
Compare Plusnet against other UK providers
Can I get Plusnet broadband without a landline?
No, you’re required to have a landline with all Plusnet broadband packages. This is because the service they provide is delivered to your home via BT's Openreach telephone network.
What Plusnet broadband speeds can I get?
Average speeds on Plusnet broadband packages are:
- Unlimited broadband: 10Mbps
- Unlimited Fibre: 36Mbps
- Unlimited Fibre Extra: 67Mbps
To check which Plusnet broadband deals are available at your address, use our availability checker. It takes seconds and all you need to do is tell us your postcode.
How much is Plusnet broadband?
Plusnet standard broadband and fibre packages are among the best value around. So if you’re on a budget, they’re a really good bet.