Thinking about taking out a TalkTalk package? Here’s what’s on offer and what you need to know.
Why choose TalkTalk broadband?
TalkTalk is a reputable value broadband provider that uses BT Openreach network to deliver its standard and superfast broadband and call services.
With totally unlimited usage as standard, you can use your broadband as much as you want, without fear of any additional charges or your speeds being capped at peak times.
The award-winning TalkTalk TV can also be added to your plan, perfect for those looking for flexible TV on a budget.
Our best TalkTalk broadband deals this week
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What broadband packages can I get from TalkTalk?
TalkTalk offers a number of broadband packages, including standard and fibre connections, as well as a range of add-ons including home phone and TV services:
- Unlimited broadband at different speeds - choose between standard broadband with its Fast Broadband package, or get a faster, more expensive fibre service with Fibre 35, Fibre 65 or Fibre 150 Fibre
- All TalkTalk broadband includes a TalkTalk phone line - regular home phone users can add a different call plan to their package - such as anytime calls and cheap international calls.
- Option to bundle with TalkTalk TV - combine your TV, broadband and phone services together
- Homesafe network level security - you also get TalkTalk SuperSafe internet security for one device as standard, with the option to expand the protection to up to eight devices for an additional charge.
TalkTalk calls packages
TalkTalk have call packages to suit most people’s needs.
Make as many calls to UK mobile and landlines, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with TalkTalk’s Unlimited UK Calls Boost.
Or if you have friends and family abroad, then there are 3 tiers of International Call Boosts available, ranging from discounted international call rates to 1000 mobile and landline minutes to 50 countries.
What else can I get from TalkTalk?
|Fibre optic broadband||Yes|
|TV||Yes (via YouView box)|
|Sky Sports||Yes (All 5 Sky Sports channels are available)|
Can I get TalkTalk broadband deals in my area?
TalkTalk is one of the biggest broadband providers across the UK, so there’s a good chance it will be available in your area.
Use our postcode checker to see what TalkTalk broadband deals are available in your area.
What’s good about TalkTalk broadband?
TalkTalk is noted for its value services and is one of the UK’s most popular providers:
- Affordable broadband and TV packages: Special deals and discounts regularly available
- Cheap subscription TV: One of the cheapest ways to get subscription TV in the UK
- Unlimited broadband: Great for large families or heavy users who want to know they can use the internet as much as they like, without paying extra
- Superfast fibre packages: Perfect if you stream a lot of movies and TV online, or are an avid gamer
- Flexible TV: You can add extra channels on a monthly basis and cancel extras at any time. Sky channels, including Sky One, Sky Arts and Sky Witness included with Plus TV packages; Sky Sports and Sky Cinema available as add-ons
- Netflix & Amazon Prime access: Subscription can be included as part of your TalkTalk bill
- TV2Go app included with all TV packages: Watch on-demand content and some live channels on smartphone and tablet (requires Wi-Fi connection)
- HomeSafe network-level security: Included as standard with all broadband, includes parental controls
What’s bad about TalkTalk broadband?
There are some downsides to TalkTalk broadband, such as:
- Limited availability of fibre optic broadband: TalkTalk Fibre optic broadband is unavailable in some areas. You can use our postcode checker to see if you can get it where you live
- Standalone broadband not available: Broadband is only available as part of a package with a phone line
- Less TV: TalkTalk TV has fewer channels than Sky or Virgin Media
- Weaker customer service than other providers: Historically, TalkTalk has a shaky reputation for customer service
MoneySuperMarket’s expert view
TalkTalk offers good, keenly priced broadband and TV, with great add-ons that you can add or take away as you please.
If you're on a budget or you just want to get the most for your money, TalkTalk is well worth a look.
TalkTalk broadband set-up
If you already have a BT phone line at your property, you should be able to set up your broadband yourself. However, an engineer may be required if there is no working landline at your home.
Is there a TalkTalk broadband installation fee?
If you're only signing up for TalkTalk broadband and home phone and do not require an engineer visit, there is no installation charge.
However, if you need a new or upgraded line, this will cost £60. If you're getting TalkTalk TV you may also need to pay for your set-top box, depending on the package you choose.
What's the TalkTalk broadband installation time?
TalkTalk activation time should be around two to three weeks. A date for an engineer to visit to install your broadband will be arranged when you place your order.
TalkTalk broadband customer service
If you need to contact TalkTalk, there are several options:
- Phone: Customer services are available on 0345 172 0088
- Online: TalkTalk’s Live Chat is available every day from 8am – 7pm via the TalkTalk website.
- App: You can contact the help team by download the My TalkTalk App
Can I get TalkTalk broadband without landline?
No. All TalkTalk broadband packages require you to take a landline.
What TalkTalk broadband speeds can I get?
- Fast broadband – average download speed 11Mbps
- Faster Fibre broadband – average download speed 35Mbps
- Faster Fibre Speed Boost – average download speed 63Mbps
- Ultra Fibre Optic – up to 300Mbps
How much is TalkTalk broadband?
The cost of TalkTalk broadband varies depending on the package you choose but as a ‘value’ provider, TalkTalk deals are among the UK’s cheapest.
On a budget? Take a look at our pick of the standout cheap broadband deals.