Hyperoptic broadband offers some of the UK's fastest broadband at prices that won't break the bank. Read on for everything you need to know and our best Hyperoptic broadband deals.
Why choose Hyperoptic broadband?
If it’s speed you’re after, look no further. Hyperoptic broadband offers some of the fastest download and upload speeds in the UK, up to a lightning-quick 900Mbps.
Its super-fast service is based on its ‘fibre to the premises’ network that means that connection speed is not affected by how far your home is from your telephone exchange.
Our best Hyperoptic broadband deals this week
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What broadband packages can I get from Hyperoptic broadband?
- Fast, with average speed 50Mbps: Great choice if you’re looking for simple, fast, and reliable broadband that can still handle things like video streaming and online gaming
- Superfast, with average speed 150Mbps: Perfect for a large household. Can handle HD movie streaming and downloads, gaming, video calling, and other demanding activities
- Ultrafast, with average speed 500Mbps: Good for big households where all occupants use the internet often for a range of activities, including HD streaming and gaming
- Hyperfast, with average speed 900Mbps: Ideal for a big household whose occupants all like to play games, download, or watch TV online at the same time, with no slowdown or buffering
All Hyperoptic broadband packages come with unlimited downloads, free installation and a HyperHub router. There is a one-off activation fee of £29.
Packages are available on either a 12-month contract, or there’s a monthly rolling-contract option, which is more flexible but costs a little extra.
Because Hyperoptic's service uses fibre broadband to supply your home phone connection, you don't have to pay landline rental.
Can I get Hyperoptic broadband deals in my area?
Hyperoptic broadband is currently available in limited locations, although the provider is expanding its reach.
Use our postcode checker to see which Hyperoptic broadband deals are available in your area.
If it’s not available at your location just yet, you can register your interest online. If enough people in your area also register interest, Hyperoptic will connect your area.
What’s good about Hyperoptic broadband?
- Superfast speeds: Hyperoptic offers some of the fastest speeds in the UK
- No landline needed: You can get broadband-only deals, without line rental
- Unlimited downloads: Included as standard
- Annual or monthly rolling contracts: Flexible to suit your needs
- 24/7 customer support: Tech support available at any time of day, seven days a week
- Reliable connection: Fibre to the premises connection promises exceptional speeds
- Price match: If you find the same package for less elsewhere, they’ll match it
- No mid contract price hikes: The price of your package will stay the same during your commitment period
What’s bad about Hyperoptic broadband?
- Limited availability: Not a widely available service yet. Use our postcode checker to see if you can get it
- Activation charges: You have to pay a £29 activation charge
- Cheaper deals available: If you’re OK with potentially slower speeds, the likes of TalkTalk and Plusnet offer cheaper fibre connections
Hyperoptic broadband set-up
An engineer will visit your property to install your Hyperoptic broadband. This usually takes about an hour and can be booked six days a week, at a time that suits you.
Is there a Hyperoptic broadband installation fee?
Standard installations are usually free of charge for all new customers.
What's the Hyperoptic broadband installation time?
Installation by an engineer will take around an hour. Your Hyperoptic service can be activated as soon as this is done.
Hyperoptic broadband customer service
If you need any support, you can contact Hyperoptic Customer Service team via:
- Phone: You can call Hyperoptic Broadband’s customer service team on 0333 332 1111, available 24/7
- Email: You can contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Other providers like Hyperoptic
Want to compare your options? Have a look at our guides to other broadband and phone services, some of which also offer TV bundles:
- Direct Save
- Post Office
- Virgin Media
- John Lewis
- NOW Broadband
- First Utility
Can I get Hyperoptic broadband without landline?
Yes, you do not need a phone line to connect to Hyperoptic.
What Hyperoptic broadband speeds can I get?
- Fast, with average speed 50Mbps
- Superfast, with average speed 150Mbps
- Ultrafast, with average speed 500Mbps
- Hyperfast, with average speed 900Mbps
How much is Hyperoptic broadband?
The price you pay for Hyperoptic broadband will depend on the package you go for. The higher the speeds, the more it will cost. You'll also pay more if you opt to add a landline to your package.
If you’re looking to spend a little less, check out our cheap broadband deals.