Compare Community Fibre deals with MoneySuperMarket
Why choose Community Fibre?
- Really fast full-fibre broadband (only available in London)
- Unlimited data on all packages
- No need to pay for a landline
- Mesh routers come free for strong WiFi signal
- Impressively fast upload speeds
- Low cost TV add-on includes 160+ channels
- Free Community Fibre app for watching TV on the go
- No mid-contract price rises
- Option to add well priced call plans and make calls over VOIP
Our best Community Fibre deals this week
What broadband packages can I get from Community Fibre?
Community Fibre offers five packages, none of which require you to take a landline.
Most packages are available on a 12-month or 24-month contract, or on a 30-day, rolling-contract basis.
The exception is the top-of-the-range 3 Gigafast service which is solely on offer on a two-year contract.
You also get a mesh router with all packages, which provide a much stronger and wider reaching signal than standard routers.
Installation charges are only payable on one-month contracts with most packages. Although a fee applies with 3 Gigafast.
The packages are:
- Superfast: average download and upload speed of 50Mbps. Free dual band Mesh Velop mesh router
- Ultrafast: average download and upload speed of 150Mbps. Free tri band Mesh Velop mesh router
- Hyperfast: average download and upload speed of 400Mbps. Free tri band Mesh Velop mesh router
- Gigafast: average download and upload speed of 1Gbps. Free two tri band Mesh Velop routers
- 3 Gigafast: download and upload speed of 3Gbps. Free WiFi 6 Zyxel router.
Can I get Community Fibre broadband deals in my area?
Community Fibre is only available in London. Areas covered by its network at the time of writing are:
Brent, Camden, City of London, Croydon, Ealing, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Richmond upon Thames, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth, Westminster.
To check if Community Fibre is on offer at your address, pop your postcode in our availability checker below.
Compare broadband deals in your area
What’s good about Community Fibre?
- Excellent, fully symmetric broadband speeds for downloads and uploads
- Very affordable TV add-on with free set top box
- Free installation for broadband and TV
- Mesh routers create a really powerful signal and come free
- One of the few providers that don’t require you to pay for a landline
- Call plans for VOIP are notably cheaper than other providers
- Free mobile app lets you make calls on your mobile for no extra charge too
- Excellent Trust Pilot ratings
What’s bad about Community Fibre?
- You can only get it in London. And even then only in select boroughs
- There’s no international calls add-on for its VOIP phone service
- TV service hasn’t got the sort of premium content you find on Sky, BT and Virgin Media
Community Fibre set-up
Because Community Fibre is a fibre-to-the-premises broadband service that uses fibre technology to bring broadband all the way to your home, you’ll almost certainly require installation by an engineer.
The process will involve installation of cables and equipment in communal areas and outside your home.
Is there a Community Fibre broadband installation fee?
Community Fibre customers who sign up for its Superfast, Ultrafast, Hyperfast or Gigafast packages for 12 months or 24 months qualify for free installation.
However, if you take any of these packages on a one-month, rolling-contract basis a fee applies.
Set-up costs also apply on all contract lengths when you sign up for Community Fibre's 3 Gigafast service.
Community Fibre customer service
Community Fibre customer service is deemed to be 'excellent' by customer reviews site Trust Pilot, which means it’s much higher rated than better known, household-name providers.
Its customer support team is London-based and is available seven days per week, all year round, between the hours of 8am-10pm.
You can reach them on 0800 0820 770, or email on email@example.com
Can I get Community Fibre without a landline?
You can. None of Community Fibre’s broadband deals require you to take a landline.
This is because the service is delivered to your home via Community Fibre’s own fibre to the premises network.
It does not use BT’s ageing copper-wire telephone network for any part of the journey.
What Community Fibre speeds can I get?
Community Fibre broadband speeds range from 50Mbps on its cheapest service, right up to 3Gbps on its top-of-the-range 3 Gigafast package.
The catch is that Community Fibre is solely available in London.
How much is Community Fibre broadband?
That’s partly because you don’t have to pay for a landline and partly because there’s no set-up fee on all packages, except the 3 Gigafast service.