With cashback, vouchers, gadgets and more up for grabs, it's well worth tracking down a broadband package that's been sweetened with a free gift. We take a look at what's on offer and how to find broadband deals with free gifts.
Can you get broadband with free gifts?
Yes, you can! Broadband providers will often give free gifts with their packages to lure prospective customers. Whether you’re buying broadband for the first time or switching broadband, a broadband deal with free gifts can be great value.
Make sure you’re not enticed entirely by a free gift, however. You’ll need to take all the deal’s features into account, such as whether you want fibre optic broadband or not, or you may end up paying for a more expensive service that you don’t really need.
What types of free gifts can you get with broadband?
Broadband deals with free gifts could include:
- Vouchers: Cards or e-vouchers you can spend in specific stores. They range from shopping vouchers to food deals –
- Cashback : This is usually given in the form of a cheque, which you can then deposit into your bank account
- Reward cards and prepaid cards: Essentially credit cards with a set amount of money for you to spend in any shop or retailer that accepts them
- Gadgets: Less commonly, a provider may offer a deal with a free laptop, tablet, TV, games console or speaker. Keep your eyes peeled because this gift is rare
- Free router: All broadband providers will include a router with your package. Sometimes networks will sweeten deals by offering a more powerful router than the standard one
Which broadband providers offer free gifts?
Many of the providers we partner with offer free gifts with their broadband packages and you’ll be able to see these in the comparison table when checking out deals.
- Direct Save
- Post Office
- Virgin Media
- John Lewis Broadband
- POP Telecom
- NOW Broadband
- First Utility
How do I claim my free gift?
That depends on the provider you choose. Generally, they‘ll email you with details on how to log in to your customer account, where you can claim or track your gift.
Some are sent to you automatically, like the free router which will come with your broadband package.
And for other providers, there will be an online form you need to fill out on their website. You’ll just need your order information and confirmation email.
Read the terms and conditions carefully to ensure you understand the process and are aware of any time limits which may apply. Our guide on how to claim vouchers might help.
What are the pros and cons of broadband deals with free gifts?
On first glance, a freebie sounds great but there are some potential disadvantages you need to think about before committing.
Pros of broadband deals with free gifts
- Freebies: If the deal suits your needs, receiving a freebie is a no brainer
- Gadgets and electronics: You could snap up some seriously cool gadgets, if you’re lucky
Cons of broadband deals with free gifts
- Could cost more: Could you spend less by getting a cheaper broadband deal and buying the reward yourself?
- Time limited: Many gifts have to be applied for within a certain timeframe and if you miss this, you could lose out
- Effort: Some processes to claim your free gift can be lengthy
Check your area to see if broadband with free gifts is available right now where you are.
Sources and methodology
*Annual savings based on average monthly bill of £33.99 from nationally representative sample (1000) vs our cheapest monthly cost for superfast broadband (>55Mbs) £18.95/month, May 22. Annual saving: £180.48.
Should I choose cheaper broadband instead of a free gift?
Sure, freebies can be a nice extra but don’t let it be the only reason you pick a deal. It’s much more important to make sure that the package fulfils your internet requirements, at a price that suits your budget.
It’s a good idea to have a look at all the broadband deals available to you. For example, if you’re an avid gamer and internet user an unlimited broadband deal might be the best option.
Think about your needs first, and then see a free gift as a ‘nice to have’. Look at the cost of the whole package, including setup and other upfront fees, and keep important features such as the speed and data usage limit at the front of your mind.
Will I get a free Wi-Fi router?
Most broadband deals include a free Wi-Fi router, though some may require a small payment for postage.
How do I find broadband packages with free gifts?
To find broadband deals with free gifts, check out our comparison tables. Just pop your postcode into our postcode checker at the top of the page and we’ll show you all the deals in your area.
Scroll through your results and look out for the ones with gifts. Then just click through to sign up or get more info.