Saga started out in 1959 as a holiday provider for those approaching retirement age, and has since branched out to provide an extensive range of services for the over 50s, including travel insurance, health insurance, pet insurance, motorbike insurance and caravan insurance.
Its services are exclusively available to the over 50s.
Saga car insurance is underwritten by AICL, which is also underwrites AA Insurance Services.
What types of cover does Saga offer?
Information about Saga
Saga offers a number of benefits for policyholders, including:
- Unlimited European Union cover on all car insurance policies.
- Cover for any holder of a full driving licence to drive your car in an emergency.
- Legal costs to cover third party claims, and legal liability to third parties, including up to £20 million of property damage.
- Protected no claims discount to protect your entitlement for up to two claims in a three-year period.
- 24-hour claims helpline.
- Comprehensive policyholders also benefit from up to £1,000 of personal belongings cover, up to £5,000 of personal accident benefits for policyholder and spouse/domestic partner, and unlimited cover for in-car entertainment systems.
Saga is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Is it worth protecting your no claims discount?
Building up a healthy no claims discount (NCD) is a tried and trusted, not to mention effective, way to cut the cost of your car insurance. And as a more experienced driver, there’s a good chance you’ll have built up a good few years’ worth of discount.
The trouble is, just one claim could see your entitlement drastically reduced and your annual premium dramatically increased. It could be worth safeguarding your discount with no claims discount protection – it costs an average of £23 to protect a five year NCD, while making a claim can put your premium up by 30%, according to MoneySuperMarket research.
Visit our car insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your car insurance premium could be reduced.