Founded in 1989, Churchill was one of the first UK insurers to offer policies directly to motorists, removing the need to buy through a broker.
In 1999 it launched its first e-commerce facility to offer online motor and home insurance quotes, and now sells all insurance policies over the phone and online.
It has since expanded its insurance offering to include travel insurance, pet insurance, breakdown cover and van insurance.
What types of cover does Churchill offer?
Churchill provides a range of car insurance policies, including single car, multi-car, classic car, and ‘black box’ telematics cover, which is often ideal for young drivers looking to cut the cost of cover.
It also offers breakdown cover in association with Green Flag recovery services.
Information about Churchill
Churchill offers a number of policyholder benefits, including:
- A courtesy car provided as standard, on the condition you have comprehensive cover and use Churchill’s approved repairer. All repairs carried out by approved repairers are guaranteed for five years.
- As a comprehensive policyholder, you’ll have personal accident cover for yourself and your spouse, as well as cover for personal belongings in the car, subject to a set limit.
- If you’re in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, your comprehensive policy will protect your no claims bonus and cover any excess payments, subject to conditions.
- If your vehicle is under 12 months old and written off, you will be provided with a new replacement car. Any older than 12 months and you can choose between a replacement, upgrade and money.
- 24-hour emergency and legal advice helplines.
Churchill is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Why it pays to shop around
If you ‘auto-renew’ your car insurance with your existing insurer, you’re one of nearly a quarter of motorists who could be missing out on substantial savings as these renewal premiums are often set at a higher price than the year before.
Visit our car insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your car insurance premium could be reduced.