Admiral started selling car insurance policies in 1993. Since then it has broadened its reach by specialising in multi-car insurance, where multiple cars can be covered under one policy. It also offers travel, home, pet and a range of other insurance products.
It is a subsidiary of the Admiral Group, which also includes insurance providers elephant.co.uk, Diamond Insurance and Bell Insurance.
What types of cover does Admiral offer?
Admiral provides a variety of car insurance policies, including single car, multi-car, classic car, ‘black box’ telematics cover, and cover for learner drivers.
It also offers breakdown cover and car warranty cover.
Why choose Admiral?
Admiral offers a number of benefits for policyholders, including:
- 90 days’ European cover on all car insurance policies.
- Bonus match scheme promises to match your no claims discount when adding an extra car to your policy.
- For comprehensive policyholders, a courtesy car is provided, along with £5,000 personal injury cover, up to £1,250 of stereo cover, as well as personal belongings cover.
- Up to five cars can be added to multi-car insurance policies.
- 10% discount offered on credit and debit card payments.
- 24-hour customer helpline.
Facts about Admiral
11 million drivers have taken out car insurance with Admiral.
Admiral is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Why it pays to shop around
Every year nearly a quarter (23%) of Brits ‘auto-renew’ their car insurance with their existing insurer, often at a higher premium than the year before. In fact, being loyal to your provider or simply letting your policy roll over can cost you up to £113 more than if you shopped around for cover, according to MoneySuperMarket research.
Visit our car insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your car insurance premium could be reduced.