What does the 118 118 Card offer?
The 118 118 Card is a credit builder card – ideal for people with a low credit rating or no credit history. You might find it especially useful if you find yourself going into your overdraft towards the end of the month.
Because it has no fees, along with 51 days of 0% interest on pretty much every transaction, you can use the 118 118 Card without it costing you a penny – so long as you clear your debt before the end of every month.
Just keep in mind that if you carry your debt forward month-to-month and only make the minimum required repayments, the amount you owe could start racking up.
So, what else is on offer? Some of the features of the 118 118 Card include:
- One rate for everything: Whether it’s purchases, balance transfers, or money transfers, the 118 118 card has only one rate
- Guaranteed APR: While most credit card companies will give you a different rate depending on your circumstances, the 118 118 Card has a guaranteed APR of 34% for everyone
- Zero fees: When 118 118 Money say their card has no fees, they mean it. The card comes with no monthly fees – and no fees for payments or transfers either
- Free withdrawals: Many credit cards will let you withdraw money from a cashpoint – but unlike most, the 118 118 Card won’t charge you any extra fees for the service
- No foreign currency fees: If you use your 118 118 card abroad, you won’t be charged extra for making transactions in a foreign currency, and the same rate applies
- Mobile banking: With the 118 118 Card, you get access to the mobile banking app, which helps you track your credit, make payments, and freeze your card
- Build your credit: If you use it responsibly, the 118 118 Card is a great way to improve your credit score. There’s a guaranteed credit limit of £500 – but it could be revised upwards every six months
Am I eligible for a 118 118 credit card?
Like every credit card, the 118 118 Card has a few eligibility requirements. When you apply you’ll have your credit rating checked to see if you meet their criteria – although the 118 118 Card is designed to help people who have a low credit score or no credit history get access to credit.
You’ll also need to be at least 18 years old, and to have an annual income of £8,400 or above.
How likely am I to get accepted?
Your chances of being accepted for a 118 118 Card will depend on a range of factors – but most importantly, your credit score.
The best way to take control of your credit score is with MoneySuperMarket’s free Credit Monitor tool. You can use it to find out what your credit score is, and to work out simple ways to improve it. Once you have a better handle on your score, you should find it easier to get better deals on credit cards.
How long does it take to get a 118 118 credit card?
Getting a great credit card deal with MoneySuperMarket is quick and easy – just answer a few short questions so we can access your credit score, and you can see all the available deals within minutes.
Once you find a credit card deal that meets your needs, we’ll direct you to the provider, who will ask you to make a full application – this shouldn’t take much longer. Approval is usually automatic and quite quick, and your 118 118 credit card and PIN should arrive in the post in around seven to 10 days.
Sometimes an application is flagged for a manual evaluation, where a person checks your details over to be sure, which can take a few days extra.
How do I apply for a 118 118 credit card?
MoneySuperMarket’s comparison tool is a great way to apply for a 118 118 credit card. It’s simple: you give us a few details about yourself and your circumstances, and we scour our providers for the best deals available for you. All you need to do is pick the one you like the best.