esure was founded in 2000 by Peter Wood, who saw selling insurance online as an effective way to streamline services, cut costs, and offer cheaper prices. He had launched Direct Line fifteen years earlier, to provide direct-to-customer value when selling insurance over the phone, and wanted to offer the same service to the growing number of internet users.
esure also offers home insurance, travel insurance and multi-car insurance, and its broker service provides cover for drivers of higher-performance cars, as well as those with penalty points, or multiple claims.
esure is part of the esure Group, which also owns Sheilas’ Wheels and First Alternative.
What types of cover does esure offer?
esure provides single car and multi-car insurance policies that come with a range of standard and additional benefits.
It also offers breakdown assistance in association with Green Flag.
Information about esure
esure offers a number of benefits for policyholders, including:
- A courtesy car while yours is in for repairs at a recommended repairer. All work done by a recommended repairer comes with a five-year guarantee.
- Cover for loss or damage to any permanently fitted in-car entertainment systems.
- Unlimited legal liability cover for death or injury to other people.
- Cover to drive other cars, subject to eligibility.
- Windscreen cover for repair or replacement at a recommended windscreen specialist.
- 24-hour motoring legal advice line.
esure is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Why everyone should shop around for car insurance
Loyalty doesn’t pay when it comes to car insurance – many motorists in the UK ‘auto-renew’ their cover with their existing provider, often at a higher price than the year before.
You could complete a car insurance quote in less than 10 minutes and save on the cost of your annual policy by moving to a more competitive deal.
Visit our car insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if you can cut the cost of your car insurance.