At the moment we are unable to show you any Halifax current accounts. Please return to our current accounts page to see our wide selection of account providers, or see more current accounts below.
Account opening criteria
High Interest, Package, Reward & Standard current accounts
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must not have been declared Bankrupt or have registered for an Individual Voluntary Agreement within the last six years or be in the process of doing so (Does not apply to M&S Bank)
- You are a UK resident
- You’re aged 18 years or over
- You’ve been accepted onto a full-time UCAS course at a UK institution for at least 2 years
- You don’t already have a student account with another Banking institution
- You must be aged between 11 and 18 years old
- You must be living permanently in the UK
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply
- You must have a residential address in the UK
Before applying, please always check each banks specific opening criteria on their website.