Scottish Widows is a leading life insurer and has been in operation since 1815. It is now part of Lloyds Banking Group, which provides financial services products to more than 30 million UK customers.
In 2018 Scottish Widows paid out 99% of life Insurance claims and, since January 2000, it has paid a total of £2.7 billion in claims, helping more than 95,000 customers.
Contact Scottish Widows
Scottish Widows can be reached by calling 0345 030 6240 or emailing email@example.com.
What types of cover does Scottish Widows offer?
Information about Scottish Widows
Scottish Widows offers a number of benefits for policyholders, including:
- Access to second medical opinion and counselling services, providing support for the policy holder and their immediate family
- Free children’s life cover which pays out a lump sum of up to £5,000
- Premiums are guaranteed, which means they will not change during the term of the policy
- Your policy is flexible and you can make changes as your circumstances change
- UK-based telephone support team
Scottish Widows’ credentials
Scottish Widows is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What is life insurance?
Life insurance is a type of insurance contract which pays out a lump sum to your dependants should you pass away during the term of the contract. The cost of a policy is determined by a number of factors including your age, health and lifestyle. Life insurance can help your partner or children pay for any financial commitments that might fall to them if you were no longer here.
Why it pays to shop around
MoneySuperMarket always urges customers to shop around and compare life insurance deals. Visit our life insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your life insurance premium could be reduced.