Founded in 1843, Liverpool Victoria – more commonly known as LV= – is the largest friendly society in the UK. These days, 5.8 million customers use LV= for their life insurance, pensions, investment and general insurance plans. LV= is a mutual and therefore not owned by private shareholders; any profits it makes are reinvested into the business to generate future growth, and distributed to members.
In 2017, the organisation paid out 95% of life insurance claims and 88% of critical illness claims.
LV= can be reached by calling 0800 197 2266or visiting www.lv.com/life-insurance.
What types of cover does LV= offer?
LV= offers a variety of life insurance policies, including level-term life insurance, decreasing-term and critical illness insurance.
Information about LV=
LV= offers a number of benefits for policyholders, including:
- Doctor services, a remote UK GP app, a second opinion and prescription services
- Free legal help and telephone counselling services
- Flexibility to change your policy if your circumstances change
- 20 additional partial payments for less severe conditions
- Enhanced payments for early diagnosis of neurological conditions
LV= is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Why it pays to shop around
MoneySuperMarket always urges customers to shop around and compare life insurance deals. Visit our life insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your life insurance premium could be reduced.