With the average cost of a wedding not cheap at around £20,000 it is clear to see why wedding insurance should be on your priority list when planning your big day.
With something so financially and personally valuable to you insuring your wedding costs very little and will give you that peace of mind should the unexpected happen.
Some policies cover from up to 2 years in advance and with varying levels of cover available to suit your needs and your budget wedding insurance is a sensible precaution.
General setbacks that are covered
It does not matter whether you are having a civil ceremony or a church wedding as most policies will cover you for a standard set of problems should they rise. In addition to this you are often covered whether your wedding is in the UK or abroad.
Whilst each policy varies you will normally be covered for:
- Cancellation or rearrangement of the wedding or reception due to accident, illness or bereavement within the main wedding party
- Cancellation or rearrangement due to supplier failure
- Damage to the wedding attire - Brides dress, bridesmaids or groomsme
- Retake of photographs
- Loss of wedding rings
- Failure to receive or damage to the flowers and cake
- Wedding cars
- Wedding video
- Essential documents
- Personal liability and legal expenses
Many companies will allow you the option to take additional cover for those extra special things that make your wedding unique, such as:
- Ceremonial swords
- Public liability
What is not covered
It is always recommended that you check your policy wording to see what is and isn't covered however in general most policies would exclude cover for the following:
- You change your mind
- Cant afford to go ahead
- Damage to wedding attire due to cleaning
Visit our homepage to find out more about wedding insurance.