Switch your gas and/or electricity tariff through MoneySavingExpert.com’s Cheap Energy Club and you may receive up to £25 cash back!
- £12.50 cashback will be paid once for either a single gas, or single electricity tariff change.
- £25 cashback will be paid if you choose a dual fuel tariff. Dual fuel means having both your gas and electricity supplied by the same supplier. We may make 2 separate payments of £12.50 per fuel depending on when we receive confirmation of the switch from your new supplier.
- Where applicable, cashback will be payable on retentions (staying with the same supplier).
- The energy tariffs you could earn up to £25 cashback from have 'switch and get cashback' displayed next to them.
Terms and Conditions
- This offer is provided by Moneysupermarket.com Limited (“Moneysupermarket.com”) registered in England No. 3945937. Registered Office: Moneysupermarket House, St David's Park, Ewloe, CH5 3UZ.
- This offer is only available to residents of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Moneysupermarket.com reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time and without providing notice. In the event of the offer being withdrawn payments will only be honoured for applications completed prior to the removal of this offer.
- This offer is restricted to the Gas & Electricity service and is not applicable to any of the other services on https://www.moneysupermarket.com/.
- Cashback is only available for applications made online for customers accessing our service via moneysavingexpert.com.
- A tariff switch will be considered completed only once we have received confirmation of the switch from your new supplier.
- The cashback method of payment will be at the discretion of Moneysupermarket.com and will typically be made by BACS to the same account details as entered in the payment details section of the application form which will be issued to the name and address provided on your application to switch your gas and/or electricity supplier.
- Where payment is made by way of cheque the payment details cannot be amended.
- Cash payments will not be permitted.
- Moneysupermarket.com does not accept any liability for any events which prevent you from changing your gas and/or electricity supplier.
- Moneysupermarket.com reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time without providing notice.
- The decision of Moneysupermarket.com in respect of this promotion shall be considered final.
- Cashback is paid from commission paid to Moneysupermarket.com by your new supplier. If Moneysupermarket.com does not receive the commission from the new supplier for any reason it shall be entitled to withhold any cashback payments at its sole discretion.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will payment be made?
Payment will usually be made within 3-6 months (certain cases may take up to 6-months) after you complete your change. This allows sufficient time for the transfer to complete and the supplier to notify us this has happened.
How much will I be paid?
If you decide to switch just your electricity or gas tariff then you will receive a payment of £12.50 per fuel. If you decide to switch to a new dual fuel tariff you will receive two payments of £12.50 per fuel, totalling £25.
Will I receive two payments if I change both Gas and Electricity?
Yes. You’ll receive a payment of £12.50 for each fuel once your new supplier has notified us that the switch for that fuel has completed. If your new supplier notifies us that the switch for both fuels has completed at the same time, you’ll receive one combined payment of £25.
How will payments be made?
Payments will be made at the discretion of Moneysupermarket.com however, will typically be made by BACS transfer to the account details provided by you during the application process.
If I am due to receive a payment by cheque, can I change the payee?
No. Cheques will be issued to the name and address stated on the application form and cannot be altered.
Is the cashback offer available through other moneysupermarket.com services?
No. This cashback offer is only available through the Gas and Electricity service.
Is the process impartial?
Yes, the process is truly independent. We are also fully accredited to the Ofgem confidence code to ensure we provide you with a truly transparent and impartial service.