With over 150 years as a major high street name, John Lewis draw on their trusted brand status to offer a standalone credit card – the John Lewis Partnership Card.
Billed as a rewards card, the Partnership Card allows you to earn points on all purchases – which translate into vouchers you can use at John Lewis and Waitrose.
How does the John Lewis Partnership Card compare?
The card features respectable introductory 0% periods on both purchases and balance transfers. It offers 0% interest for 9 months on purchases, which could be attractive if you have a major purchase coming up and want to spread the cost without running up interest. Just remember to clear your balance before the 9 months are up, as the interest rate reverts to 18.9% APR (variable).
New cardholders looking to transfer their credit card balances also receive 0% interest for 18 months on balance transfers, which could be helpful if you’re looking to consolidate other debts. Just be aware that a 2.9% balance transfer fee applies.
Whilst it can’t match the headline rates offered by some providers, the decent introductory periods and a generous points scheme mean this card could be a rewarding all-round option – particularly if you shop regularly at either Waitrose or John Lewis. Here’s how the scheme works:
- Cardholders earn one point for every £1 spent at both John Lewis and Waitrose – as well as one point for every £2 spent elsewhere
- For every 500 points earned, you’ll receive £5 in vouchers that can be used at John Lewis and Waitrose
- So, every £1 spent at John Lewis has a voucher value of 1p and every £1 spent elsewhere is worth 0.5p in vouchers
- Every four months, John Lewis add up your points and send your vouchers to you
- You’re free to spend your vouchers on anything in John Lewis or Waitrose – including online purchases
The points scheme comes with some extra perks too. Cardholders earn one point for every £1 they exchange for foreign currency from John Lewis – as well as earning double points for taking out car, home, pet, wedding or events insurance through John Lewis Finance.
We currently don’t have any John Lewis credit cards to show you. To see our full range of available cards, click 'See more credit cards' below.