Weighing up TalkTalk Business broadband? Let us take you through it with our comprehensive review
Our rating: Four out of five
As with its consumer broadband, TalkTalk Business broadband rates well. Selling points include...
- It's affordable
- Can be bundled with phone deals for a complete package
- Easy to set up
- VAT not included in advertised prices, which can be confusing
Is TalkTalk Business broadband any good?
TalkTalk Business broadband rates highly thanks to prices that won’t break the bank and an impressive range of packages, from a simple ADSL connection right through to rapid, full fibre up to 1,000Mbps (you’ll need fibre to the premises, FTTP, in your area to get it though).
Frustratingly, prices don’t include VAT, so you’ll need to add 20% to the advertised cost.
However, it has high customer service scores online, far better than its consumer counterpart.
TalkTalk Business broadband speeds
TalkTalk Business broadband comes in a range of speeds. These are:
- Standard Business Broadband, including Simply Business Broadband and Complete Business Broadband: 18Mbps
- Superfast fibre broadband, including Simply Superfast and Complete Superfast: 76Mbps
- Business Ultrafast Fibre: available at 145Mbps and 290Mbps
- Business Full Fibre: available at 80Mbps, 100Mbps, 150Mbps, 200Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps and 900Mbps
- Dedicated Leased Lines: speeds of up to 10Gbps for larger businesses
TalkTalk Business fibre review
TalkTalk has a broad range of business fibre deals, designed to give enterprises of all sizes access to the fastest speeds around.
Its Superfast fibre broadband comes in at 76Mbps and is available in ‘simply’ or ‘complete’ packages.
The latter includes unlimited UK landline and mobile calls, great if you’re a growing business.
Both packages come with a business WiFi Hub, dynamic or static IP free of charge and WorkSafe security software.
TalkTalk Business Ultrafast Fibre uses Gfast technology to bring turbo charged speeds of 145 and 290Mbps to areas without full fibre connectivity, working on Openreach’s copper network.
It comes with free new line installation as standard and a dynamic or static IP option.
Those in areas with a FTTP connection can take advantage of TalkTalk business broadband’s Ultrafast Full Fibre offerings.
These offer the very best speeds without the need for Openreach’s copper network to complete the journey to the premises. It comes in 80, 100, 200, 300, 500 and 900Mbps.
Such speeds are designed for crystal clear video conferencing and managing multiple devices at once, making them ideal for fast growing businesses.
TalkTalk VOIP review
Full fibre customers can take advantage of phone connections via their router that use VOIP to deliver crystal clear calls.
One of TalkTalk Business broadband’s biggest draws is the inclusion of unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles as part of its complete packages.
This connection will vary depending on what deal you take out and the status of fibre in your area, but the TalkTalk website details how this is changing and what you can expect when you sign up, including options such as Hosted Unified Communications, which offers call transfer and call recording.
TalkTalk Business pricing
TalkTalk Business broadband is competitively priced, although all advertised prices are exclusive of VAT, meaning you’ll need to add 20%.
At the time of writing, deals are available at the following prices.
- Standard Business Broadband from £17.95 per month
- Superfast fibre broadband from £21.95 per month
- Business Ultrafast Fibre: 145Mbps from £29.95, 290Mbps from £34.95
- Business Full Fibre: 80Mbps from £23.95, 100Mbps and 150Mbps from £24.95, 200Mbps from £28.95, 300Mbps from £32.95, 500Mbps from £39.95 and 900Mbps from £43.95
- Dedicated Leased Lines, contact TalkTalk for specific plans for your business
TalkTalk Business broadband has an impressive 4.6 Trustpilot rating from almost 9,000 reviews.
While there are a handful of cautionary tales, broadly speaking customers are happy with the 365 day a year service and how quickly issues are dealt with.
What are the pros and cons of TalkTalk Business broadband?
- Decent prices
- Great range of speeds to suit all needs
- No data capping
- Easily bundled with a phone line
- VAT not included
Our latest TalkTalk Business broadband deals
Check out our latest TalkTalk Business broadband deals now
How does TalkTalk Business compare against other providers?
TalkTalk Business broadband vs bOnline
TalkTalk and bOnline are similarly priced, although TalkTalk is more widely available and has a better range of speeds. However, bOnline comes out on top thanks to its excellent VOIP offering, great if you have staff who need to make lots of calls every day.
TalkTalk Business broadband vs BT business broadband
BT’s widespread availability and excellent full fibre packages make it a winner for many. Price wise you’ll pay around the same, so it may come down to preference and local availability.