Sell your iPhone with MoneySuperMarket using a carefully vetted recycler and get a great price, while ensuring it is reused or refurbished safely.
How do I sell my iPhone?
- Compare offers. Use the search tool to look for your specific iPhone model. Once found, we’ll need a few more key details, including its storage capacity, whether it’s locked or unlocked and if it’s broken. You’ll then see quotes for your iPhone. Pick the deal you like
- Send in your device. Your chosen recycler will send you a postage pack or mail instructions, which you can then use to send in your old device
- Get paid. Your recycler will assess your phone and may revise their quote if your phone is damaged and doesn’t appear in the condition they were expecting. If everything is ok, they will pay you via PayPal, bank transfer or cheque.
How much is my iPhone worth?
The value of your iPhone is dependent on a number of factors. This includes:
- what kind of model you have, with newer handsets that have high storage capacity attracting a higher price than older models
- whether your device is broken - this includes large dents, cracked screens or broken batteries
- if your device is locked or unlocked - the latter tend to be worth slightly more than iPhones locked to a specific network
Can I sell a broken iPhone?
You can sell a broken iPhone, but it's important to be aware that this will decrease the quote you get from recyclers.
While most recyclers will accept iPhones with cracked or smashed screens and those devices that have large dents and cracks, many will not take water damaged iPhones, especially if they cannot be turned on.
You should always be honest about the condition of your iPhone when selling it and remember that the amount you see is a quote rather than a guaranteed price. Recyclers may revise quotes if the condition of your iPhone is not what they were expecting.
Check terms and conditions on recyclers websites to see what kind of broken iPhones they will take.
Which iPhone models can I sell?
You can sell most kinds of iPhones, ranging from the very latest, high end models such as the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro back to older models such as the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12.
Can I trade my old iPhone for a new one?
Yes. Selling your old iPhone is a great way to lower the cost of a new one. At MoneySuperMarket, there are deals available for some of the very best new iPhones, such as the iPhone 14 Plus and the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
What should I do with my iPhone before selling?
Before selling your iPhone you should carefully check it for any damage and tell your chosen recycler about it.
Make sure that it’s backed up on iCloud. This can be done easily by looking in Settings and selecting your Apple ID at the top of the screen, where you can see how recently your data was backed up on Apple’s servers.
Once this is done, complete a factory reset by heading to Settings, General and then Transfer or Reset iPhone. Here you’ll find the option to prepare for a new iPhone, even if you don’t have enough iCloud storage for all your existing apps and data. Resetting your iPhone will prevent any of your personal information being seen by others.