Refer a Friend Terms & Conditions
MoneySuperMarket Refer a Friend Terms
1. The Refer a Friend offer is promoted by MoneySuperMarket.com Limited ("MoneySuperMarket", "we" or "us"), MoneySuperMarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ and governed by these terms and conditions (the "Referral Terms").
2. Anyone in the UK aged 17 and over can participate in this Refer a Friend offer. To be eligible, you must comply with these Referral Terms.
3. You'll receive a £20 gift card where you Refer a Friend.
4. You must have received by email or in your Account, a unique referral link and shared the unique referral link with eligible friend/s (“Friend/s”). Eligible Friend/s must: (i) be a new MoneySuperMarket.com customer or not have purchased car insurance, home insurance or broadband through the MoneySuperMarket website or App since 1 January 2020; and (ii) have received and used a unique referral link from you to the MoneySuperMarket.com website or App and then either logged into or created an Account to then purchase car insurance, home insurance or broadband. The following products are excluded from this offer: (i) temporary car insurance, van insurance; (ii) renters/tenants or landlord insurance.
5. Within 60 days of your Friend’s purchase of car insurance, home insurance or broadband using the unique referral link, we’ll decide whether you and your Friend have satisfied the requirements to receive the gift card. We reserve the right to ask for additional information to verify eligibility.
6. You can share the unique referral links with an unlimited number of Friends, save that they'll not be usable if your Friend doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria set out in these Referral Terms.
7. It's your responsibility to register your personal details and let us know of any changes. MoneySuperMarket isn't responsible for any loss of gift card rewards incurred as a result of out of date details.
8. The gift cards are for personal and consumer use only.
9. We may decline or withdraw access to this offer in whatever form where there is reasonable belief of any abuse or attempted abuse of it; any breach or attempted breach of these Referral Terms; any behaviour relating to Moneysupermarket Group that involves fraud, theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
9. We’ll email you to let you know if your Friend has made a purchase that qualifies to receive the gift card.
11. If you’re eligible to claim a gift card, you’ll receive an email from GiftCloud enabling you to claim the gift card via clicking on a link. The email will be sent to the email address used for your Account. The email will contain details of your gift card.
12. By clicking on the email link you’ll be able to select which brand of gift card you’d like and provide an email address or mobile number for where you’d like the gift card to be sent. Once you’ve done this, the gift card will be sent to the email address or mobile number that you’ve chosen.
13. You'll have up to 30 days from GiftCloud’s email to claim your gift card. You'll forfeit your gift card if you don't claim your gift cards within that time. Please ensure that the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is added to your safe-senders list, in order to prevent any likelihood of the emails landing in the spam folder.
14. If the gift cards are not received 72 hours after you’ve redeemed them then you should contact email@example.com, who are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
15. The gift cards are subject to the gift card issuer’s (i.e. Sainsbury’s, Just Eat, Argos and Amazon.co.uk, B&Q and Lastminute.com) own terms and conditions (which are different from ours). It is very important that you read and understand these terms and conditions before you claim your gift cards. They'll be made available to you at the point when you can claim your gift cards.
16. FRIENDS MUST BE LOGGED IN TO THEIR MONEYSUPERMARKET ACCOUNT AND PURCHASE HOME INSURANCE, CAR INSURANCE OR BROADBAND THROUGH THE MONEYSUPERMARKET WEBSITE OR APP TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GIFT CARD REWARDS. Gift cards will not be awarded for non-qualifying purchases. Other products may also be excluded from gift cards at our discretion. Incomplete applications or switches or purchases that are cancelled or reversed within 14 days of purchase, or in the case of insurance products, within the later of 14 days from when the policy begins or when you receive your policy documents, or made through channels apart from the MoneySuperMarket website or the App (for example, through product providers direct) or through cashback sites including Quidco will not be eligible for gift the cards.
17. The gift cards are non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other prize, reward or other cash value except that in the event of circumstances outside of our control we reserve the right to substitute similar rewards of equal value. The gift cards are subject to promotional availability, are not for re-sale, cannot be auctioned or exchanged and are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
18. A maximum of one £20 gift card is available for each of the referrer and the Friend for each car insurance, home insurance or broadband product referral that’s made through the MoneySuperMarket website or App.
19. MoneySuperMarket may set a limit on the number of gift cards that may be earnt. Any purchase of products, above and beyond what could reasonably be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be deemed to be an abuse of this offer.
20. MoneySuperMarket will be entitled to remove gift cards at any time if purchases are cancelled, reversed or amended for any reason.
21. Gift cards already redeemable may be removed or cancelled if we consider that the gift cards were collected in breach of these Referral Terms or were earnt fraudulently, invalidly, using automated means, or in error.
22. By taking part in the Refer a friend offer, you agree:
(i) to these Referral Terms and the Website and App Terms and Conditions;
(iii) that, as between you and us, all intellectual property rights in any documents, images, photos, or pictures submitted to take part in the Refer a Friend offer will become the property of MoneySuperMarket and can be used by us in our absolute discretion.
23. In the event of any conflict between these Referral Terms and the Website Terms and Conditions, these Referral Terms will apply. In the event of any conflict between these Referral Terms and the MoneySuperMarket SSC Terms, the MoneySuperMarket SSC Terms will apply.
24. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Refer a Friend offer is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
25. We're not responsible for any additional costs which may be incurred by you in the context of participation in the Refer a Friend offer, such as internet costs and other additional services and must be paid by you separately.
26. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept any responsibility or liability under or in connection with the Refer a Friend offer and/or these Referral Terms (including without limitation) as a result of technical fault, computer or electronic malfunction. Any statutory rights you have are not affected.
27. Insofar as permitted by law, we'll not be responsible or liable to compensate you, or accept any liability, for any personal loss, expense or damage in connection with the Refer a Friend offer or accepting or using the Refer a Friend gift cards except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
28. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to cancel and/or modify these Referral Terms at any time, including but not limited to terminating or withdrawing the Refer a Friend offer and/or Refer a Friend gift cards at any time.
29. If any paragraph in these Referral Terms is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other paragraphs of these Referral Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
30. These Referral Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with these Referral Terms.
Issue date of Refer a Friend offer: 4 September 2023