Use of the Sites is subject to all of the Terms set out below - if you don't agree to the terms, please stop using the Sites immediately.
The Sites are for your personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purposes.
Except for certain travel insurance products, the Sites are for use by customers who are located in the UK only.
Except for certain motor insurance products for young drivers, the Sites may only be used by over-18s.
Our comparison service is free for you to use. When you buy a Product through our Sites, we receive a fee and/or commission from the provider.
It's your sole responsibility to ensure that the information you provide when using any of the Sites is accurate and complete. If it isn't, a Product that you obtain via our Sites may not be valid and you may be subject to additional premiums or charges.
It's also your sole responsibility to ensure that the product matches your requirements.
PART 1 (Applicable to all products)
"Product" means any third party product or service that we display on our Sites;
"Site" means any mobile applications or other similar devices, channels or applications operated by or on behalf of any of the following brands:
(referred to collectively as the "Sites"); and
"you" and "your" means any person who accesses and uses the Sites.
- by post: Moneysupermarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ
- by telephone: 0333 123 1983 (within the UK) (0)1244 976 301 (from outside the UK)
- by email:email@example.com
b. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our Sites or our service, and would like to make a complaint, see Complaints below.
c. Telephone calls that you make to our customer services help line may be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you. A recording will only be used under proper and careful supervision. Our customer service help line is available Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
We provide an independent online service which enables you to research and compare insurance, financial, energy, travel and other products or services provided by third parties. Our comparison service is free for you to use. We receive a fee and/or commission from providers when you use our service to purchase Products. Our customer services team is available to support with any offline queries.
a. The Sites are for your personal, non-commercial use only. They may only be accessed and used by a private individual or by a business to seek a Product directly for that individual or business. Access to and use of the Sites other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
b. You are not permitted to use the Sites:
- in any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner;
- to harm, threaten, abuse, embarrass, defame, libel, intimidate or harass another person, or in a way that invades another person's privacy or is obscene, offensive, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, objectionable, unacceptable, discriminatory or damaging as determined by us;
- to create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend another person's records;
- to tamper with, modify, reverse engineer or amend any part of this Sites;
- in a way that interferes with, disrupts or imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our communications and technical systems; or
- with any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other "screen scraping" software, process, program or system.
c. Except for certain travel insurance products or services, this Sites are intended for use only by customers who are located in the UK. We make no warranty or representation that any Product and/or any service we provide is available or otherwise appropriate for use outside of the United Kingdom. If you choose to use the Sites from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your sole risk and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
d. Except for certain motor insurance products for young drivers, the Sites are intended for the use of over-18s only.
e You may operate a link to the Sites provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, as determined by us. You must not operate a link to the Sites in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to remove any link to the Sites immediately and at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time
a. The trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Sites and in the information, content, material or data that we display on the Sites belong to us or our licensors and all such rights are reserved.
b. You may temporarily print, copy, download or store extracts of information, content, material or data displayed on the Sites for your own personal, non-commercial use, subject to the following conditions:
- it may not be used for any commercial purposes and may not be commercially exploited, published, distributed, extracted, re-utilised or reproduced without our prior written consent;
- the copy must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material;
- images displayed on the Sites are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the prior written consent of the owner(s);
- no logos, trade marks or service marks displayed on the Sites may be printed or downloaded, except as part of the text of which they form part;
- you must not modify the paper or digital copies of such information, content, material or data;
- it may not be excerpted, used, reproduced, published, reformatted and/or displayed on any other website without our prior written consent; and
- the status of us and our licensors as the authors of such information, content, material or data must be acknowledged.
c. All rights in moneysupermarket.com and/or travelsupermarket.com are owned by us.
d. You will retain ownership of any content that you submit, or otherwise make publicly available on or through the Sites ("User Content"). You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty free and unlimited licence to use such User Content in any manner and for any purpose. Additional terms and conditions in relation to User Content (including discussion forums and user reviews) are set out in Part 2.
a. You agree to pay any fees and/or other charges incurred by you in accordance with any payment provisions set out on the Sites.
b. In general, payment for a Product will be made on the relevant third party website when applying for that Product.
c. Where full payment for a Product is required on the Sites (for example, for travel insurance products), it should be made in the secure area of the Sites at the time of application for the Product. Payment methods other than those stated on the Sites will not be accepted. If necessary, we may pass your card details and personal details to the relevant third party, who may take payment for the Product in accordance with its terms and conditions. We may charge you any handling fees that we or the relevant third party may incur in respect of your application. We will always inform you of any such charges before they are incurred.
d. You may apply for travel insurance through the Sites. You will need to provide details of the type of insurance you require together with details of the persons who will be covered and the start date of the policy. You will then be directed to a payment section of the Sites where you can then apply for the travel insurance product you have chosen. When you apply for travel insurance through the Sites, we are acting on behalf of the travel insurance providers as their agents. We will receive payment of your premium from you as agent for the relevant insurer. Any claims money or refund of premium we receive from the insurer in respect of your insurance is also received by us as agent of the insurer. Any contract entered into for any travel insurance product will be between you and the travel insurance provider. By providing you with a quote we are not making an offer on behalf of the travel insurance provider to contract with you on those terms. Instead, by submitting your details, you are making an offer to purchase the relevant travel insurance product from the travel insurance provider on the terms set out. The contract will be concluded once your offer has been accepted. You will receive confirmation when your offer has been accepted.
We subscribe to the latest in internet security standards so you can shop with confidence online. When you enter a protected area, a small padlock or key will be displayed at the bottom of the screen indicating that you have a secure connection with us. You can rest assured that the information you supply is encrypted and cannot be read by anyone else.Paragraphs 3 and 4 below are important and you should read them carefully as they exclude or limit our liability to you and detail your responsibilities.
a. Our service allows you to search for and compare various types of Products from different providers. You will need to answer a number of questions on the Sites in order to compare or obtain a quote for any Product. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all relevant Providers have all the information necessary to provide you with appropriate and timely information relating to the products in which you are interested. Aspects of a Product such as the level of cover (if applicable) and the amount you will pay will be determined by the answers you provide to these questions. It is therefore very important that you answer all of the questions truthfully, completely and accurately and that you disclose all relevant facts. Failure to do so could invalidate the Product you purchase. If you are applying for an insurance product, for example, this could mean that you have no insurance cover. If your insurance product is invalid, claims may not be paid and you could be responsible for any third party costs if any event occurs where you would otherwise have been covered by the insurance product. In order to apply for a Product, you must contact the relevant provider.
b. If you are in any doubt as to whether any information is relevant or required to be disclosed or that something may be incorrect you should disclose it to your proposed provider before you apply for a Product. If, for example, you are applying for an insurance product and do not provide all such information, or if you fail to tell your proposed insurance provider about any circumstances likely to influence their assessment of the risks involved, your proposed insurance provider may be able to treat your insurance policy as invalid.
c. Before you obtain any Product from a provider, you must check all of the information, content, material or data the provider holds about you to ensure it is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you have disclosed all relevant facts. It is your responsibility to identify and correct any mistakes or errors in the information, content, material or data before you obtain any Product. Failure to do so could invalidate the Product.
d. You must get permission from any other person whose information you intend to provide on the Sites before you provide it. In submitting any other person's details, you are confirming to us that you have their permission to do so and that they understand how their details will be used.
f. You must take all reasonable precautions (including using appropriate virus checking software) to ensure that any information, content, material or data you provide (including User Content) is free from viruses and anything else which may have a harmful effect on any part of the Sites or the websites of third parties or any other technology.
g. If you create any usernames and passwords when using the Sites, they must be kept confidential by you and must not be shared with anyone. If you do disclose to anyone your username, password and/or other identification information, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on the Sites using your username, password and/or other identification information.
a. The Products displayed on our Sites are not provided by us but by third parties over whom we do not have control.
b. You should always check the suitability, adequacy and appropriateness of the Product that is of interest to you. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any Product before applying for it. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability, adequacy or appropriateness of any Product referred to on the Sites, we suggest that you seek independent professional advice before you obtain it.
c. The Sites provide information on a wide range of products and services but there may be other products or services available on the market which are not shown on the Sites and which may be more appropriate or suitable for you than those shown on the Sites.
a. Your use of any Provider websites and your obtaining of any Products will be subject to the Provider's own terms and conditions (which will be different from ours). It is very important before you apply for any Product that you carefully read the accompanying terms and conditions, the Provider's terms and conditions and any other documentation that applies to the Product. You must familiarise yourself with all the details of the product, for example:
- for insurance products, the restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the insurance product;
- for money products, the interest rate, any early redemption charges, restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the product;
- for travel products, the minimum check in times, cancellations or modifications of bookings, refunds, visa or passport requirements, vaccination requirements, restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the product; and
- for home services products, the restrictions, exclusions, conditions and obligations which apply to the product.
b. Any links to third party websites on our Sites or in our emails are provided for your interest and convenience only. These websites are owned and operated by third parties over whom we do not have control. We do not endorse, recommend or accept responsibility for such third parties, their products or services, their websites or for any information, opinions or views given or advice provided by such third parties (whether on their websites or otherwise).
a. We aim to ensure that the material on the Sites (excluding, if applicable, any User Content) is accurate. We also try to correct any errors or omissions as soon as we can after being notified of them. However, we are not able to guarantee that the material on the Sites is accurate and free from errors or omissions at all times. We reserve the right to add, amend, delete, edit, remove or modify any information, content, material or data displayed on the Sites at any time and without notice.
b. Nothing on the Sites is financial, investment or other advice or a recommendation or endorsement by us in respect of any Product referred to on a Site. Information on the Sites is provided for general information purposes only, should not be relied upon by you and is provided so that you can select the Product that you feel is most appropriate to meet your needs.
c. The information and descriptions of Products on the Sites may not represent the complete descriptions of all the features and terms and conditions of those Products. You must ensure that you carefully read all the features and terms and conditions (including those contained on the provider's Site) of any Product before applying for it.
d. Some of our channels provide you with access to third party websites that host reviews about products and services. Sometimes you may also be able to access user reviews directly on the Sites. The views expressed in any such reviews do not represent our views or the views of our associated companies.
We aim to provide uninterrupted access to the Sites but we give no warranty on this. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Sites at any time.
a. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for our fraud, or excludes or limits our duties or any liability under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, as amended, ("FSMA") or any conduct of business rules developed pursuant to FSMA.
b. Subject to the paragraph immediately above, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage you may incur:
- if any information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is not correct, complete and accurate, or if it is misleading, or if you fail to disclose all relevant facts;
- in the event that any Product you apply for does not meet your requirements or is not suitable for you;
- in connection with the accuracy or content of any reviews of products or services displayed on our Sites or on any other website that you may access via our Sites;
- for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with that product or service;
- which are indirect or not foreseeable by us when you accessed or used the Sites;
- arising from an inability to access the Sites, from any use of the Sites or from reliance on the data transmitted using the Sites where such losses or damages are caused by any event beyond our reasonable control including as a result of the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet;
- in connection with any act, omission, error or default by any investment fund or ISA provider or any other third party in the provision of any product or service, or the execution of, or any investment made by you; or
- in connection with any voucher codes that you obtain via our Vouchers channel.
c. We do not give any warranty that the Sites are free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
a. We aim to provide you with an excellent service at all times. If you are unhappy with our service for any reason, please contact our Customer Services Team.
b. We will aim to send you a formal acknowledgement of your complaint within 48 hours and to resolve it as soon as possible. After we have had an opportunity to investigate your concerns, we will issue you with a final response. If you aren't satisfied with our response, depending on the nature of your complaint, you may have the right to refer your case to:
- the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR; telephone: 0800 023 4 567; email:firstname.lastname@example.org; website http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ (if your complaint relates to financial services products); or
- the Ombudsman Service at Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF; Telephone: 0330 440 1624; email: email@example.com; website: www.ombudsman-services.org/energy (if your complaint relates to our energy services). We will advise you if such a right of referral applies to you. If you want to raise a formal dispute about any of our online services, you can also use the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution Portal at: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr.
c. If you are unhappy with any product or service you have obtained from a third party or have any complaint regarding any third party, you should address your complaint directly to that third party. If you require their contact details, please contact our Customer Services Team who will be happy to assist.
PART 2 (Product specific terms)
In providing our insurance service, we have made some assumptions about you based on the responses that are most commonly given by our users. We have used this information to pre-populate the answers to certain questions for you on the Sites. If any of this pre-populated information is incorrect it is your responsibility to change the answers and provide the correct information.
a. The Stocks and Shares ISA channel on the Sites provides you with access to information on Stocks and Shares ISAs and a selection of investment funds that you may wish to consider investing in through a Stocks and Shares ISA. We have categorised the funds depending on the level of risk we believe those funds involve and the process by which we do this and the different levels of risk are explained on the Sites. The funds described on the Sites will invest in a wide range of investments, including other funds, and the performance of the funds (including any income you may receive) is not guaranteed. The performance of the funds will depend on many factors, including the performance of underlying investments selected by the fund managers. Some funds may involve exposure to investments in emerging markets, smaller companies and/or exposures to different currencies which may involve greater risk to the value of your investment. You should consider fully all information provided by the fund about the risks that particular products may involve.
b. Please be aware that the value of investments (including the investment funds described in our Stocks and Shares ISA channel) can fall as well as rise, and that you may not get back the full amount invested. Your investment is not guaranteed and the price of investments will depend on fluctuations in the financial markets, which are outside our control. Inflation may reduce the value of your investments over time. Past performance is not a guide to future performance and the favourable tax treatment of ISAs may not be maintained in the future if UK tax law and HM Revenue & Customs changes.
c. Please also be aware that once you have identified investments that are of interest to you, we will introduce you to the investment fund or to an ISA provider with whom you may then decide to complete the purchase. If you decide to proceed with your purchase of a Stocks and Shares ISA and/or investment funds you will do so only with that person and you will not enter into any contract with us. We will not hold or handle client money in respect of any product or service selected by you when using the Stocks and Shares ISA channel.
d. We are not responsible for, and we accept no liability in connection with, any act, omission, error or default by any investment fund or ISA provider or any other third party in the provision of any product or service, or the execution of, or any investment made by you. The provider of the product or service that you wish to purchase should provide you with all required information regarding the product or service as part of the process by which you make a purchase. This will include information on charges and expenses relevant to the product or service and the possible effect of those charges on the value of your investment over time. You should contact them directly should you require any further information about the product or service they offer. If you purchase a product or service from any person having used our Stocks and Shares ISA channel you accept that in doing so we have not and will not provide you with any advice or make any recommendation in connection with any product or service on the Sites (including as to its suitability, adequacy or appropriateness for you or for any other person). Information on the Sites is provided for general information purposes only and is provided to assist you to consider whether the product or service may be appropriate for your needs.
e. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability, adequacy or appropriateness of any product or service, we suggest that you seek independent financial advice before you purchase any product or service.
f. In introducing you to ISA providers or investment funds, we may be remunerated by them for doing so in the form of commission based on transactions that you undertake with or through them or otherwise as we agree with them.
As part of our energy journey, we ask for details of your annual energy usage. You can find this information on your most recent energy bill. If you don't have this information to hand, we can estimate your energy usage for you by asking some questions about your household. We aim to give you an estimate that is as accurate as possible, but using the actual figures from your energy bill is recommended to give the most accurate results.
a. You are not permitted to use the Sites to:
- collect email addresses or other contact information of others for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- promote or encourage illegal activity;
- do anything that is unlawful, harmful, fraudulent, threatening, defamatory, embarrassing, distressing, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, intimidating, harassing, libellous, stalking, profane, obscene, indecent, inappropriate, hateful, discriminatory or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable or for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- do anything which violates the rights of others (such as rights of privacy);
- impersonate any other person or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself;
- upload, post, transmit, distribute, share, store or otherwise make publicly available any personal information of any other person including names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses;
- upload, post, transmit, distribute, modify, reproduce, share, store or otherwise make publicly available any information, material, data or content that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters' or any other form of such solicitation; or
- post links to alternative community groups or forums except with our prior written consent.
b. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to review or monitor any User Content. We are not responsible or liable for the review or monitoring of any User Content.
Moneysupermarket.com Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 3945937 whose registered address is at Moneysupermarket House, St David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ and whose registered VAT number is GB 741905338. Moneysupermarket.com Limited is an appointed representative of Moneysupermarket.com Financial Group Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 3157344) whose registered address is at Moneysupermarket House, St David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ. Moneysupermarket.com Financial Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA registration number 303190). This can be confirmed at the FCA register. Moneysupermarket.com Limited is accredited under the Ofgem Confidence Code in relation to its energy channel.
Last updated November 2016