When you buy car insurance, you’re often given the option of adding features on– one of which is legal expenses cover.
So what exactly is legal cover?
Legal cover is used to get back the cost of fees and expenses not normally covered as part of your car insurance, such as:
- Car hire costs or travel fares while your car is off the road
- The fees paid to the garage for recovering your car
- The cost of any additional phone calls made to your insurer
- Legal advice and the cost of pursuing claims from those at fault
- Loss of earnings if you’ve had to take time off work
So, with that in mind, is legal cover worth it?
If you were involved in an accident and were forced into taking legal action for any reason, you’d have to cover the cost of solicitor’s fees yourself.
In this case, taking out legal expenses cover would be well worth it.
As legal expenses cover is an optional extra, it is up to you to decide whether you want to pay for the peace of mind it provides.