So what’s the best way to snap up a deal?
- Make of list of what all of your group need from your holiday
- Decide on the time of year to travel and how long you can go for
- Set a budget
- Make a list of possible destinations
Do your research
- Ask friends, family and connections on social networks for recommendations
- Get online to check key facts about your destination
- Look at guide books, online destination guides, travel magazines and review websites for inspiration
- Narrow down your destinations and discuss them with the people you are travelling with
- If you need help, speak with a travel agent
- Get online and compare the prices of both package holidays as well as separate flights and accommodation deals
- You can use TravelSupermarket’s Holiday vs Holiday function to find out where your money can take you – you may be surprised
- Note which options can be booked with just a deposit and which require full payment
- Once you find some options within your budget, compare accommodation and board types to see what is the best value for money
Review your options
- Check that the options you have found will fit your original needs.
- Check out hotel reviews online before you book
Follow our three golden rules when booking:
- Where possible, book an ATOL-backed package for the ultimate protection
- If you can’t, take out an insurance policy with End Supplier Failure to cover you if an element of your trip goes wrong
- Pay by credit card where possible to have protection under the Consumer Credit Act for goods over £100 OR pay by VISA or MasterCard debit card for charge back protection.
- NEVER pay by cash or cheque, you will have NO protection
And now you’re booked! Let the holiday countdown begin!