When you move into a new home you automatically inherit the gas and electricity suppliers the last occupants used.
There are 5 simple steps to getting your energy sorted when you move to a new home.
- Before you move, ask the energy supplier at your old house if you can transfer your current tariff to your new property, especially if you’re on a good fixed term deal.
- Take meter readings from the electricity and gas meters in your new home.
- Get the details of the supplier at your new property from the estate agent or landlord.
- Call the current suppliers and give them the readings. Ask them for a quote to continue supplying your energy.
- Compare the quote with the rest of the market to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Switch and save with Energy Monitor
Switching your energy supplier is quicker and easier with MoneySuperMarket’s Energy Monitor. We’ll let you know as soon as there’s a cheaper tariff available for you, so you can effortlessly switch and save money on your energy bill.
PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE WAS CORRECT AT THE TIME OF WRITING. ANY RATES OR DEALS MENTIONED IN THIS ARTICLE WERE AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME, BUT MAY NO LONGER BE ON OFFER.