1.The Savings Guarantee, described in paragraph 2, is promoted by MoneySuperMarket.com Limited (the “Promoter”), whose registered office is at MoneySuperMarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ, and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. Subject to these terms and conditions the Promotor will issue a top up sum equal to the difference between a customer’s estimated energy saving and a maximum of £100 (“Savings Guarantee”). The top up sum will be determined by the Promotor by using the amount a customer is estimated to save when their annual usage figure for their existing tariff is compared with the cheapest new tariff they can switch to through www.moneysupermarket.com.
3. A successful switch takes place once the receiving energy supplier has confirmed that a switch initiated by a customer directly through www.moneysupermarket.com or its contact centre (and not through any other method including but not limited to the MSMGo mobile application) has resulted in that customer’s change of energy supply or tariff and the 14 day cooling off period has expired (“Successful Switch”).
Who can enter?
4. This Savings Guarantee is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over who have access to the internet but excludes (i) residents in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, (ii) employees or family members of employees of the Promoter or any companies or agencies directly connected with the creation and/or administration of this Savings Guarantee.
How to enter
5. The Savings Guarantee opens on 26 July 2017 and ends at midnight 31 July 2017 (the “Closing Date”). Switch applications received after the Closing Date will not be eligible for the Savings Guarantee.
Who is eligible?
6. Customers are eligible for the Savings Guarantee as long as they have:
(i) completed a Successful Switch; and
(ii) not switched their energy tariff in the previous 12 months; and
(iii) an estimated annual energy saving of £99.00 or less if they switch to a new energy tariff or supplier through www.moneysupermarket.com.
If a customer is estimated to save £100 or more, they are not eligible for the Savings Guarantee.
7. A maximum of one Savings Guarantee is available per person and/or household. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold a Savings Guarantee if, in its fair judgement, it appears that the same person or same household has claimed more than one Savings Guarantee, and/or to require reasonable proof from the customer(s) in question that they are not the same person and/or do not share a household.
8. The Savings Guarantee is subject to availability and may be changed by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The Savings Guarantee is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
How to claim the Savings Guarantee
9. All Savings Guarantee claims will be verified by the Promoter before any payment is made. The Promotor will respond to the customer to confirm if the claim has been successful within 30 days of the Closing Date.
10. All eligible customers must send the following information to the Promoter for us to verify the claim:
(i) Last bill from the customer’s previous supplier containing:
- annual gas/electric Kwh usage amount; and
- previous tariff information,
(ii) New bill or welcome letter containing:
Please ensure the customer’s full name, postcode and contact details are included in the application so the Promoter can contact the customer if there are any queries regarding the claim.
11. All information required to verify each claim must be sent:
(i) via email with a subject header ‘Savings Guarantee Claim’ to SwitchGuarantee@moneysupermarket.com; or
(ii) by post addressed to Savings Energy Guarantee Claim, MoneySuperMarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ.
13. All Savings Guarantee claims must be sent to the Promoter within 60 days from the date the customer made their application to switch energy supplier via moneysupermarket.com or its contact centre.
How will the Savings Guarantee be paid?
14. The Savings Guarantee will be paid directly from the Promoter. Payment will be at the discretion of the Promoter and will be either by BACS to the same account details as entered in the payment details section of the switch application form or by way of cheque which will be issued to the name and address provided on the switch application. The Promoter shall endeavour to dispatch the Savings Guarantee within ninety (90) days of the Closing Date.
15. By applying for the Savings Guarantee, the customer agrees:
a. to these Savings Guarantee terms and conditions;
c. to the Promoter using the email address provided in the Savings Guarantee application to request any further information the Promoter may require in order to pay the Savings Guarantee; and
d. to being contacted by the MoneySuperMarket Group for marketing purposes.
16. Late, incomplete, fraudulent, corrupt entries, or entries sent through agencies and third parties, will not be accepted
17. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility or liability under or in connection with the Savings Guarantee (including without limitation as a result of technical fault, computer or electronic malfunction, or incomplete, illegible, lost or fraudulent entries).
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify the Savings Guarantee and/or these terms and conditions at any time and at its sole discretion.
19. If any paragraph in these terms and conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other paragraphs of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with these terms and conditions.