So listen on for our top tips, and we’ll help you get away this Christmas for less.
Savings can be as much as 75% by getting your booking right.
The best fares can be found by;
- Travelling off peak
- Checking both singles and returns for the best deal
- Considering alternative slower trains
- Using railcards if you are eligible
- Using our on line comparison engine to see all fares – with no card or booking charges to boot
And don’t forget that reservations are compulsory on many Christmas and New Year rail services.
For many this will be the way to get away to visit relatives and friends.
- Book early for lower prices, cars often sell out in big cities
- Consider all car types as larger cars may be cheaper than the more popular smaller models
- Look at a range of UK pick up points to keep costs down
- Finally, take out excess waiver insurance to keep rental costs even lower
Taking a flight? Well, on domestic trunk routes from London to Scotland, the North, Northern Ireland and Ireland, flights are already filling up.
- Book now for the best deals before flights sell out
- Consider all airports and airlines to get the best deal
- Watch out for bag and card charges when comparing options
If you’re looking at taking a ferry, again these are going to be heavily booked for cross channel, Irish Sea and the Isle of Wight.
- The early booker gets their preferred sailing at the right price
- Remember, you can take as much luggage as you like for no additional cost.
If you need to book a hotel, and you don’t want to stay with the in-laws, or if there’s just not enough room for everyone at home, then book a value hotel room for Christmas and New Year guests. Many hotel chains have deals over the Christmas period and even a cheap B&B will ensure you don’t break the bank and still have some comfort.
Or maybe you’re just planning on avoiding the entire Christmas and New Year event? Then it’s not too late to jet away on a holiday. From faraway beaches to European cities, there is still availability on a wide range of winter sun breaks.
So whatever you do this Christmas or New Year, get planning and booking now, and keep those Christmas costs down – have a great holiday!