Apple’s annual autumn product launch has become a tradition and, as expected, September 2018 has seen the launch of a new suite of products, including three fresh iterations of the iPhone and Series 4 of the Apple Watch.
Apple has announced three new handsets this autumn:
- iPhone XS: iPhone's flagship model - an upgrade to last year’s iPhone X.
- iPhone XS Max: the plus-sized version of the iPhone XS, boasting a bigger screen and Apple’s longest battery life.
- iPhone XR: positioned as the entry-level model.
- Apple Watch Series 4: available in GPS and cellular versions.
Here’s all you need to know about the flagship model, the successor to the iPhone X.
The iPhone XS: available to pre-order from 14 September; available to buy 21 September.
The iPhone XS will have a 5.8 inch screen as well as an OLED display, giving it a clearer, brighter picture.
Available in gold, space grey and silver. Splash, water and dust resistant.
The update includes features such as:
- Face ID: enabled by TrueDepth camera tech for facial recognition
- NFC: NFC (near field communication) capabilities, with reader mode
- Charging: in addition to traditional recharging of the lithium-ion battery, boasts wireless charging via Qi chargers and charging via USB.
- Cameras: Dual 12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras
- iOS 12: the new iPhone has the latest Apple operating system, iOS 12. 4K video recording at 24 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps.
- Apple Pay: pay using facial recognition in shops, within apps and on the web.
If you’re in the market for a new handset, you’re sure to find a better deal by comparing offers on MoneySuperMarket.
You’ll be able to browse pay-monthly offers and pay-as-you-go deals from the top mobile phone manufacturers and network providers, so you know you’ll be able to find the perfect phone with the right tariff for you.