Aegon provides life insurance, critical illness protection and income protection. It’s a global company, with over 3.7 million customers in the UK.
In 2018, it paid 98% of life protection and 93% of critical illness protection claims, helping more than 1,550 customers.
You can contact Aegon by calling 03456 00 14 02 or visiting
What types of cover does Aegon offer?
Aegon offers a variety of insurance policies:
- Life protection – cover that pays a cash lump sum to your family if you die during the term of your policy.
- Critical illness protection – cover that pays a cash lump sum to you and your family if you’re diagnosed with a defined critical illness during the term of your policy
- Life insurance with critical illness protection – cover that pays a cash lump sum to your family if you either die or are diagnosed with a defined critical illness during the term of your policy
Information about Aegon
Aegon offers a number of benefits for policyholders, including:
- The flexibility to change your policy as your lifestyle changes
- A health and wellbeing service offering counselling and legal support over the phone and online, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- A second medical opinion service offering a face-to-face consultation with a local UK-based specialist to review a recent medical diagnosis
- A funeral payment pledge offering an advance claim payment of up to £10,000 towards funeral costs
- A telephone claims service
- A choice between a lump sum and monthly payments after a claim
Aegon is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What is life insurance?
Life insurance is a type of insurance contract which pays out a lump sum to your dependants should you pass away during the term of the contract. The cost of a policy is determined by a number of factors including your age, health and lifestyle. Life insurance can help your partner or children pay for any financial commitments that might fall to them if you were no longer here.
Why it pays to shop around
MoneySuperMarket always urges customers to shop around and compare life insurance deals. Visit our life insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your life insurance premium could be reduced.