Who are Legal & General?
Legal & General focus on providing a high-quality and conscientious service to their customers. They’re one of the biggest insurance and investment companies in the world, and have over 10 million customers globally.
With UK-based call centres and a 24-hour legal and domestic helpline open 365 days of the year, getting hold of them to make a claim is straightforward. They offer contents and building insurance, with the option of adding additional cover.
Legal & General strive to build a positive financial future for their customers, and have invested significant amounts into projects designed to support the UK’s infrastructure.
Why choose Legal & General
- Choose from annual or monthly payment options.
- Combined contents and building insurance available.
- Two levels of contents insurance cover – Essentials and Extra.
What you should know
- Their cover is designed to protect policyholders from unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances. However, it will not cover general wear-and-tear or damage that happens over an extended period of time.
- Additional cover options include family legal protection, personal possessions cover in and away from home, and accidental damage.
- A minimum excess on contents cover is £100.
Contact Legal and General
0800 027 7161
8am - 8pm Monday to Thursday
8am - 6pm Friday
9am - 5pm Saturday0
Finding the right cover
Home insurance cover can be as individual as the home you live in, that’s why it’s important to shop around and take your time in finding the right cover to suit you.
It’s important to remember that taking your own precautions when securing your home is vital, too. Insurers won’t pay out should something happen down to your own negligence. Find out here how to boost your home security.
Why it pays to shop around
Your insurance provider will most likely attempt to ‘auto-renew’ your policy, which can often turn out to be more expensive because you don’t see what other companies have to offer. When your cover comes near to expiring, it’s worth running a quotation to see if it’s worth switching provider. Our home insurance channel will help you find a policy that’s right for you.
If you’re still trying to get your head around your home insurance, check out our guide which covers everything you need to know about home insurance.