Imagine not having to pay your energy bills for a whole year! That could save you a small fortune.
According to the industry regulator, Ofgem, typical families spend £1,138 a year on gas and electricity if they’re stuck on their provider’s expensive standard variable rate dual fuel tariff. That’s a huge bite out of anyone’s household budget - think what else you could spend it on…
The great thing is, to qualify for our prize draw, we want you to start saving money on your energy bills anyway, by switching to a cheaper fixed rate tariff - you could save £250 or even more with a tariff priced well below £1,000.
Once you’ve completed your switch, you’ll be entered into the prize draw. Here’s how it works: See full T&Cs below
- You complete a successful energy switch via MoneySuperMarket
- You’re entered into our prize draw to win 1 prize of £1,138**
- One prize per household
- The draw opens on 30/07/2018 and closes 9am on 06/08/2018
Check your eligibility
- You are a UK resident aged 18 or over (residents in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are excluded)
- You haven’t switched your energy tariff in the last 12 months
- You can switch your energy tariff directly through MoneySuperMarket or through our contact centre on 0800 177 7087 (applications through the MoneySuperMarket app are not eligible for the competiton)
MoneySuperMarket Energy Price Promise
1. This prize draw ("Prize Draw") is promoted by MoneySuperMarket.com Limited (the "Promoter"), whose registered office is at MoneySuperMarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ, and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. This Prize Draw is open to all UK residents excluding Northern Ireland aged 18 or over but excludes employees or family members of employees of the Promoter or any companies or agencies directly connected with the creation and/or administration of this Prize Draw
3. The Prize Draw opens on 30th July 2018 and ends at 9am on 6th August (the "Closing Date"). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted towards the Prize Draw.
Participants enter this Prize Draw by completing a successful switch through MoneySuperMarket.com A successful switch takes place once the receiving energy supplier has confirmed that a switch initiated by a customer directly through www.moneysupermarket.com, the MoneySuperMarket application or its contact centre (and not through any other method) has resulted in that customer’s change of energy supply or tariff and the 14 day cooling off period has expired (“Successful Switch”).
4. **The winner will receive their energy bills paid for a year valued at £1,138. There is 1 prize to be won. The prize value is based on the average price of Standard Variable Tariffs from the six largest suppliers for a typical dual fuel customer paying by direct debit found by Ofgem as of 28th May 2018 (the "Prize").
5. The Prize is subject to availability and may be changed by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted by the winner for any other prize or cash value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize and not specifically included in the Prize.
6. A maximum of one Prize is available per person and/or household. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold a Prize or Prizes if, in its fair judgement, it appears that the same person or same household has ‘won’ more than one Prize, and/or to require reasonable proof from the winner(s) in question that they are not the same person and/or do not share a household.
7. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
8. The winner will be selected at random by using an independent randomiser, subject to eligibility and availability of the participant. Should the winner not meet the required criteria then their winner status and entitlement will become void and another winner will be chosen. The decision of the Promoter as to the winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be notified after the Closing Date via the email address they submitted. The winner must respond to the Promoter accepting the Prize within 28 days of receiving notification. In the event that the Promoter does not receive a valid response from a winner within the 28 day period (as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion), the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the Prize to a new winner who will be notified and must respond in this same way and in the same time frames as set out in this paragraph.
10. The Promoter will send the name and country of the winner to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the Prize Draw requesting details of the winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to MoneySuperMarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ.
11. By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree:
a. to these Prize Draw terms and conditions;
c. that, as between the participant and the Promoter, all intellectual property rights in any documents, images, photos, pictures submitted to enter the Prize Draw will become the property of the Promoter and can be used by the Promoter in its absolute discretion (including in promotions);
d. to take part, for no fee, in any publicity accompanying or resulting from the Prize Draw;
e. if you are a winner, that the Promoter may use your name, image, and town or country of residence to announce the winner of this Prize Draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
12. The Prize will be dispatched to the winner(s) directly from the Promoter. The Promoter shall endeavour to dispatch the Prize within thirty 30 days of the Closing Date, but this is dependent on the date by which the winner(s) provides their name and postal address to the Promoter. By submitting your details to the Prize Draw you consent to the Promoter using the email address you provide in the Prize Draw to contact you to obtain the information the Promoter needs to enable them to deliver the Prize to you.
13. Late, incomplete, corrupt entries, or entries sent through agencies and third parties, will not be accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility or liability under or in connection with this Prize Draw (including without limitation as a result of technical fault, computer or electronic malfunction, or incomplete, illegible, lost or fraudulent entries).
14. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify the Prize Draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time and at its sole discretion.
15. If any paragraph in these terms and conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other paragraphs of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with these terms and conditions.