GB Energy has ceased trading
Independent energy supplier GB Energy has ceased training, effective immediately.
Customers of the firm will be protected by a safety net operated by the energy market regulator, Ofgem.
This will mean they will be placed with a new supplier. There will be no interruption to their supply, and any credit they have on their account will be honoured by the new firm.
We are awaiting news of the new supplier and details of the process whereby customers will move from GB Energy to the new firm.
MoneySuperMarket did not have a commercial relationship with GB Energy.
What should GB Energy customers do or not do?As a GB Energy customer, you should:
- take a meter reading as soon as possible, and keep this safe.
- wait for advice from Ofgem about what happens next.
- repeat NOT try to switch provider. Your rights as a GB Energy customer will only be secure while you remain within the safety net process. Switching to a new firm before the transition to a new supplier is complete could jeopardise your position.
- once you are with the new supplier, you should run a quotation to see if you are on a competitive deal. At that point you could switch if doing so made financial sense.
- you should not alter or cancel your direct debit with GB Energy until advised to do so by Ofgem. If you are in credit, no further payments will be taken.
How can I contact GB Energy?
GB Energy has closed its website, social media accounts and customer helpline.