See below for T&Cs
When you switch gas and electricity provider through MoneySuperMarket, we’re confident you’ll make hefty savings on your annual bills.
That’s because almost 60% of households are on expensive standard variable rate tariffs. These cost much more than fixed-rate deals that lock in low prices for 12 months or longer.
If you haven’t switched your energy in the last 12 months, we’re so confident you can save at least £100, we’ll pay you the difference once you’ve switched - that's if the biggest saving available to you is less than £100.
It’s really easy...
- Complete an energy search on MoneySuperMarket to see how much you could save. If the cheapest switchable tariff can't save you £100 or more you qualify for our Price Promise
- Choose the tariff that's suitable for you and complete your switch via MoneySuperMarket
- Register your claim within 30 days of switching your energy through MSM, click here - https://epicrewards.co.uk/energysavings/
- Once your switch has been confirmed by your new supplier you will need to return and complete your claim. To complete your claim you will need to attach your last bill from your previous supplier and your first bill or welcome letter from your new supplier within 60 days of the date you submitted your application
- We’ll verify your claim and, once approved, we’ll send a payment to you for the amount between your largest available saving and £100
Check your eligibility
- You are a UK resident aged 18 or over (residents in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are excluded)
- You haven’t switched your energy tariff in the last 12 months
- The cheapest switchable tariff available couldn't save you £100 or more
- You can switch your energy tariff directly through MoneySuperMarket or through our contact centre on 0800 177 7087 (applications through the MoneySuperMarket app are not eligible for the guarantee)
MoneySuperMarket Energy Price Promise
1. The Price Promise, described in paragraph 2, is promoted by MoneySuperMarket.com Limited (the “Promoter”), whose registered office is at MoneySuperMarket House, St. David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ, and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. This promotion is provided by MLP, The Stables, Home Farm, Mere, Cheshire WA16 0PX. Telephone 0333 123 9852
3. Subject to these terms and conditions the Promotor will issue a top up sum equal to the difference between a customer’s estimated energy saving and a maximum of £100 when customers switching both their gas and electricity. Where customers switch one fuel (gas or electricity) the Promotor will issue a top up sum equal to the difference between a customer’s estimated energy saving and a maximum of £50 (“Price Promise”). The top up sum will be determined by the Promotor by using the amount a customer is estimated to save when their annual usage figure for their existing tariff is compared with the cheapest new tariff they can switch to through www.moneysupermarket.com.
4. A successful switch takes place once the receiving energy supplier has confirmed that a switch initiated by a customer directly through www.moneysupermarket.com or its contact centre (and not through any other method including but not limited to the MSMGo mobile application) has resulted in that customer’s change of energy supply or tariff and the 14 day cooling off period has expired (“Successful Switch”).
Who can enter?
5. This Price Promise is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over who have access to the internet but excludes (i) residents in Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, (ii) employees or family members of employees of the Promoter or any companies or agencies directly connected with the creation and/or administration of this Price Promise.
How to enter
6. The Price Promise opens on 8th August 2018 and ends at 10am 14th August 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Switch applications received after the Closing Date will not be eligible for the Price Promise.
Who is eligible?
7. Customers are eligible for the Price Promise as long as they have:
(i) completed a Successful Switch; and
(ii) not switched their energy tariff in the previous 12 months; and
(iii) an estimated annual energy saving of £99.00 or less if they switch to a new energy tariff or supplier through www.moneysupermarket.com.
If a customer is estimated to save £100 or more, they are not eligible for the Price Promise.
8. A maximum of one Price Promise is available per person and/or household. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold a Price Promise if, in its fair judgement, it appears that the same person or same household has claimed more than one Price Promise, and/or to require reasonable proof from the customer(s) in question that they are not the same person and/or do not share a household.
9. The Price Promise is subject to availability and may be changed by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The Price Promise is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
How to register for the claim
10. To be eligible for the Price Promise all customers must register to claim within 30 days from the date the customer made their application to switch energy supplier via Promotor or its contact centre. Once a customer has registered they are signing up to the Promotor sending them a ‘how to claim’ email 30 days after they register their claim.
11. To register customer’s will need to include full name, postcode and email address the registration so the Promoter can contact the customer if there are any queries regarding the claim.
How to claim the Price Promise
12. All Price Promise claims will be verified by the Promoter before any payment is made. The Promotor will respond to the customer to confirm if the claim has been successful within 30 days of the Closing Date.
13. All eligible customers must send the following information to the Promoter for us to verify the claim:
(i) Last bill from the customer’s previous supplier containing:
§ annual gas/electric Kwh usage amount; and
§ previous tariff information,
(ii) New bill or welcome letter containing:
§ new tariff information.
Please ensure the customer’s full name, postcode and contact details are included in the application so the Promoter can contact the customer if there are any queries regarding the claim.
14. All information required to verify each claim must be uploaded to the Energy Price Promise claim page [URL link here]
16. All Price Promise claims must be sent to the Promoter within 60 days from the date the customer made their application to switch energy supplier via Promoter or its contact centre.,
How will the Price Promise be paid?
17. The Price Promise will be paid directly from the Promoter. Payment will be at the discretion of the Promoter and will be by way of cheque which will be issued to the name and address provided on the switch application. The Promoter shall endeavour to dispatch the Price Promise within ninety (90) days of the Closing Date.
18. By applying for the Price Promise, the customer agrees:
a. to these Price Promise terms and conditions;
c. to the Promoter using the email address provided in the Price Promise application to request any further information the Promoter may require in order to pay the Price Promise; and
19. Late, incomplete, fraudulent, corrupt entries, or entries sent through agencies and third parties, will not be accepted.
20. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility or liability under or in connection with the Price Promise (including without limitation as a result of technical fault, computer or electronic malfunction, or incomplete, illegible, lost or fraudulent entries).
21. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify the Price Promise and/or these terms and conditions at any time and at its sole discretion.
22. If any paragraph in these terms and conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other paragraphs of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with these terms and conditions.