Get up to £200 cashback in the first year when you switch to TSB through MoneySuperMarket (offer ends 4th December)
To apply for this current account
Go to the TSB website
Is this account right for you?
To open this account
- You must be aged 18 or over to apply
- You must be a UK resident, an EU national or have permission to stay in the UK for at least 12 months
- You must deposit a minimum of £500 per month into the account and register for internet banking, paperless statements and paperless correspondence to receive interest
- Direct Debits
- Mobile App
- Online Banking
- Overdraft Facility
- Standing Orders
- Switching Service
- Text Alerts
- Great for
- £130 cashback for switching to a TSB Classic Plus Account using the Current Account Switch Service by 22nd December 2017. Must apply by the 4th December 2017
- Plus £5 cashback for 20 debit card payments per month and £5 cashback for two different direct debit payments per month. Valid from 1st March 2017. T&Cs apply, ends 30th June 2018
- If you have a Plus account, earn up to £5 a month cashback with selected TSB credit cards (Representative 18.9% APR variable) . T&Cs apply. Ends 30th June 2018
- But be aware that
- To earn the £130 Switching Cashback, transfer a minimum of two active direct debits as part of the switch and credit at least £500 in the first 28 days of the switch
- To earn 3% AER (variable) on balances up to £1,500, credit your account with a min of £500 each month and register for internet banking, paperless statements and correspondence
- You can only get the monthly cashback if you opened your account on or after 1st March 2017, and if you register for internet banking. T&Cs apply. Offer ends 30th June 2018
|Balance||Introductory Rate||Follow on rate||Gross AER*|
|£0 - £1500||3.00%|
- Any interest you earn will be tax-free up to your annual personal savings allowance.
- Interest will be paid Monthly.
Overdraft Rates and Charges
|Overdraft buffer Amount||Planned/Authorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)||Unplanned/Unauthorised Overdraft Rate (EAR)|
- You will receive a £25 interest and fee free planned overdraft (subject to application and approval)
- If you have a planned overdraft, there are no overdraft fees or interest to pay if you go overdrawn by £10 or less. If you have an unplanned overdraft, you won’t be charged fees on the amount borrowed, but you will be charged interest on the full amount (including the £10 buffer).
|Other Overdraft Charges||Fee/Rate||Notes|
|Planned Overdraft Usage Fee||£6.00 / Monthly||You’ll only pay this once if you use a Planned Overdraft over your £10 buffer in your monthly billing period. If you have an interest and fee-free Planned Overdraft limit as part of your account, you will pay the £6 fee if you go over your interest and fee-free limit by more than your £10 buffer. A Planned Overdraft continues until repaid. So if you have an overdraft from the previous month at the start of a new monthly billing period, you will pay another Monthly Overdraft Usage Fee|
|Unplanned Monthly Overdraft Charge||£6.00 / Monthly||You’ll only pay this once if you use an Unplanned Overdraft over your £10 buffer in your monthly billing period|
|Unplanned Overdraft Fee||£10.00 / Daily||For unplanned overdraft balances of £25 or more. However, for balances more than £10 but less than £25 the fee charged is £5 per day. For balances of £10 or less no fee applies. You will not be charged more than eight daily fees in a monthly billing period|
|Foreign Exchange Rate||2.99% / per item|
|Foreign ATM Charge||1.50% / per item||Minimum withdrawal fee of £2 and a maximum of £4.50|
|Foreign Purchase Fee||£1.00 / per item||A 2.99% non-sterling transaction fee will also be charged|
|Returned Item Charge||£10.00 / per item||Up to a maximum of three returned item fees a day. For Direct Debits and cheque payments, TSB will give you until 3:30pm that day to add money into your account to make the payment, if there is still not enough money in your account the payment will be declined and a return item fee will apply. For standing orders and future dated payments TSB will attempt to make the payment again at 3:30pm or shortly after midnight on the next working day, if there is still not enough money in your account the payment will be declined and a return item fee will apply. If a point of sale transaction using a debit card is declined no Returned Item Fee will apply|
Operating and accessing your account
|Operating your Account||Making Withdrawals|
Mobile App Features
|Make transfers between accounts||-|
|Make transfers to other people||-|
|View transaction history||-|
|View direct debits/standing orders||-|
|Apply for new products||-|
|Use app on multiple devices||-|
|Setup payments, standing orders, or direct debits||-|
|View mini statements||-|
|Make payments to other people||-|
|Use multiple devices||-|
Mobile App features may be limited. Please refer to providers site for more information.
- This account has a Visa Debit card.
- The currency for this account is Pound.