Hastings insurance started out in 1997 as a provider of private car insurance, but has expanded its product range to include home insurance, van insurance, and motorbike insurance. Hastings Direct car insurance has three types of cover – third party, third party fire and theft, and comprehensive. You can opt from either their basic or Premier level of services.
Hastings Direct also offer two branches of alternative car insurance cover, with Hastings Direct SmartMiles or Hastings Direct Essential.
Hastings Direct is part of Hastings Insurance, which also owns People’s Choice and Insure Pink.
Contact Hastings Direct
What types of cover does Hastings Direct offer?
Hastings Direct is available on a variety of car insurance policies, including single car, multi-car, and ‘SmartMiles’ telematics cover.
Information about Hastings Direct
Hastings Direct offers a number of benefits for policyholders, including:
- Uninsured driver protection, so you won’t lose any no claims discount (NCD) or pay any excess if a driver who has no insurance collides into you.
- NCD protection if your car is vandalised.
- A courtesy car while yours is being repaired.
- Insurance cover when driving in the European Union, for up to 90 days per trip.
- Child car seat cover to provide a replacement after an accident.
- Cover for damage to, or theft-of, an in-car entertainment system.
- Windscreen cover.
- Up to £5,000 worth of personal accident cover.
Hastings Direct’s credentials
Hastings Insurance is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Why it pays to shop around
If you ‘auto-renew’ your car insurance with your existing insurer, you could be missing out on substantial savings because renewal premiums are often set at a higher price than the year before, while the best prices are used to tempt new customers. That’s why loyalty doesn’t pay.
Visit our car insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your car insurance premium could be reduced.