Drive Like a Girl uses telematics technology to offer young female motorists cheaper premiums as a reward for safe driving. A sister brand of Insure the Box, which was launched in 2010 as one of the pioneers of black box-based insurance, Drive Like a Girl provides comprehensive car insurance with a range of standard benefits and optional extras.
Although insurers can no longer price policies according to gender, Drive Like a Girl offers incentives such as £250 worth of handbag cover to appeal directly to female motorists. Even so, male motorists are welcome to apply for cover.
Contact Drive Like a Girl
What types of cover does Drive Like a Girl offer?
Drive like a girl only provides comprehensive, telematics car insurance, and your car will be fitted with a black box to monitor your driving style for the duration of the policy.
Information about Drive Like a Girl
Drive Like a Girl offers a number of benefits for comprehensive policyholders, including:
- Up to £250 worth of handbag and personal belongings cover for any items damaged or stolen from your car.
- Up to £50 will be paid in expenses to help you and your passengers get home after an accident or if your car is stolen.
- Up to £250 for repairs to your car if you fill it with the wrong fuel.
- 90 days’ European cover on all car insurance policies.
- Up to £7,500 in personal accident cover for you and your spouse, common law, or civil partner.
- Up to £100,000 to provide legal costs and compensation for personal injury if you’re involved in a not-at-fault accident.
- A courtesy car while yours is in for repairs after an accident.
- If your car is stolen, the black box also works as a tracker for efficient theft recovery.
- If you’re involved in an accident, this will be recorded by the black box and Drive Like a Girl will alert the emergency services for you.
Drive Like a Girl’s credentials
Drive Like a Girl is authorised by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
How women drivers can cut car insurance costs
Although female drivers are statistically less of a risk on the road than their male peers, insurers can no longer offer women cheaper car insurance than men based purely on their gender – but there are steps everyone can take to help cut the cost of cover:.
- One of the best ways to reduce the price of your premium is to be a careful driver and build up a healthy no claims bonus - just one year of claim-free driving can knock as much as a third off your renewal price.
- If possible, cut down on the number of miles you cover, as the less time you spend on the road, the less chance there is of you having an accident, and so the cheaper your policy will be.
- And make sure you shop around for cover about three weeks before your renewal is due as insurers tend to offer their best prices to new customers rather than loyal ones who renew.
Visit our car insurance channel today and run a price comparison to see if your car insurance premium could be reduced.