A relatively new face on the broadband scene, Onestream offers low-priced, no-frills fibre optic broadband. If you want to get online cheaply, quickly, and easily with no fuss, Onestream could be the one for you. Here’s what it has to offer.
Why choose Onestream broadband?
- Low priced, meaning excellent value for fibre broadband
- All its broadband is fibre optic at respectable speeds – from a unique budget package, up to a speedier average of 67Mbps
- Widely available – if you can get fibre where you are, you can probably get Onestream
- Simple, straightforward broadband with no frills or sweeteners
Onestream doesn’t have the chops of larger, more established broadband providers, nor does its customer service quite match up.
What you get with Onestream is completely simple and easy to understand: it’s a fibre optic broadband connection, at a good price, that works.
Our best Onestream deals this week
*Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time(8pm to 10pm). Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing.
What broadband packages can I get from Onestream broadband?
Onestream offers three broadband packages, all of which are fibre optic. You have a choice of three speeds:
- Jetstream Fibre – average download speeds of 17Mbps – a unique, budget option for those who want the reliability of fibre broadband, but don’t need superfast speeds
- Jetstream Fibre Max – 45Mbps – a mid-range fibre package with good speeds
- Xstream Superfibre – 67Mbps – Onestream’s fastest package, good for medium to large households
All packages have truly unlimited downloads and include basic line rental. Contract lengths vary: they may be 12, 18, or 24 months long.
They all include a free Super Dooper Router too. It’s a pretty basic router – it certainly does the job, though it’s not really a patch on the more powerful tech you’d get from bigger providers such as BT.
What else does Onestream offer?
Not much. Onestream keeps things appropriately streamlined, meaning you won’t have the option of many extras.
You can, however, upgrade your basic line rental to include more calls, for a more comprehensive broadband and home phone bundle:
- Onestream Uptime – free anytime calls to UK landlines
- Onestream Downtime – free evening and weekend calls to UK landlines
- Onstream World – cheaper calls to 18 international destinations
- Onestream Life – free anytime calls to UK landlines, cheap calls to 18 international destinations, and cheap calls to UK mobiles
- Onestream Move – cheaper calls to UK mobiles
Can I get Onestream in my area?
Onestream delivers its broadband via the Openreach network – same as BT, Sky, TalkTalk, and most other large broadband providers – but only offers fibre packages. So, as long as you can get fibre optic broadband in your area, there’s a very good chance you can get Onestream.
The best way to find out is by using our postcode checker.