Latest Shopping news and support
Why Shop Online?
Shopping at moneysupermarket.com is an easy way to find the best deals and cheapest prices around. We compare lcd tvs, laptops, sat navs, iPods, digital cameras and so much more.
What do we offer our customers?
As a shopping search engine and price comparison website, we compare the prices of products from hundreds of retailers and websites so that you can find the hottest deals in the UK. Online shopping has never been easier, and no longer is there a need to spend time visiting many retailers website to find out who has the cheapest prices. We empower you with the tools to find, compare and buy almost anything in just a couple of clicks!
Is moneysupermarket.com a retailer?
No - We are a shopping comparison site which enables you as the consumer to compare the prices of millions of items being offered for sale by a vast selection of retailers serving the UK. (Including Amazon .co.uk, Play .com, Dixons, Comet, Currys, HMV, Debenhams to name a few). We do not sell any products ourselves.
If I have a question regarding my order who should I contact?
If you have a problem or question regarding your order then you should get in touch with the shop directly. If you've not yet had any correspondence with them, contact details will be available on their website.
Shop safe online
Online shopping is very convenient and can save you time and money. However, while online shopping continues to grow, so too does online fraud. So how can you shop online safely and minimise the risk of falling victim to cyber crime?
Stick to well known names
If it isn't a high street name or a company you've heard of, check for a physical address and a phone number to try to make contact prior to purchase. Additionally, if you're still suspicious see if you can find out what other people think of the site.
Use secure websites
Look for a locked padlock symbol and make sure the address begins with 'https://' on any screens asking for personal information or payment details. Most sites also show security certificates on the homepage, but these can be faked.
Pay with a credit card
You get extra protection if you pay with a credit, rather than a debit card. It will give you extra piece of mind as if something goes wrong you are generally covered.
Keep security up-to-date
Ensure your own computer's internet security, firewall and anti-virus protection is up-to-date. This will prevent spyware running on your machine that could be used to steal your personal information.
- We aim to provide clear and concise information that is not misleading to our customers.
- We do not knowingly display any products that are incorrect or out of stock.
- We only list Merchants who we believe are reputable and have passed our initial screening.
- We update all of our prices hourly, however we do rely on our retail partners to pass us the correct information. Whilst we strive to be 100% accurate in the information we share we can only display the prices we are given.
- There are occasional errors with products listed in the wrong areas, but if you let us know we will get the corrections made.. For example sometimes accessories for a product (such as a camera lens) can be confused by our system with the product itself (e.g. the price for a camera battery may be confused with the camera itself). We do our best to filter these out, but with over 2 million products on the site it can be a challenge. Usually it will be obvious there is a mistake as the image and price will look wrong (e.g. A £700 camera being listed for £20).
Although moneysupermarket.com aims to provide you with accurate information on every product, much of the information shown on our site comes from 3rd parties so there is always a chance it could be erroneous. We are not liable for individual retailers terms and conditions and we aim to rectify any errors made known to us as soon as possible.
Your rights online
Distance selling regulations - know your rights
Every time you purchase goods online you have rights as a consumer which are covered under the UK's distance selling regulations, and this applies whether the item was bought in a sale or otherwise.
In a nutshell, these regulations state that you should receive products of satisfactory quality which are as described. It should be fit for purpose and remain in working order for a reasonable amount of time. Additionally, you also have a 7 day cooling off period during which time you can return any item bought online for a full refund regardless of whether there is any problem with it. This refund includes the outward postage, although you'll have to pay to send it back.
It's important to note that many stores have great customer service, but if you do experience any problems it's good to know that there are regulations in place to back you up.