Getting your foot on the property ladder can be daunting and difficult – which is why the government is offering a helping hand to first-time buyers.
If you open a tax-free Help to Buy ISA, the government will chip in with a cash contribution worth 25% of what you stash away. Over five years, that would add £3,000 to your balance if you saved the maximum of £12,000.
Find out more about how Help to Buy ISAs work, and when you’ll get the government’s contribution, here.
Help to Buy ISAs - Ordered by rate (AER)
These are the best accounts available to open through MoneySuperMarket. We can show you all the accounts on the market, but we can only help you to open some of them.
- Provider/Product name
- Interest rate (AER) 2.00% Variable
- Min/Max opening amount £1 to £ no limit
- Notice / Term Notice Period: instant
- Account type Help To Buy ISA Transfer In
- Access Internet Post Telephone In Branch
- Great for
- Access to a 25% Government Bonus when purchasing your first home
- Tax free savings towards a deposit for your first home
- Instant access to your savings
- But be aware that
- Following the month of first subscription you can deposit up to £200 per calendar month
- You can only hold one Help to Buy: ISA at any time
- Any money withdrawn will no longer count towards the Government Bonus