Part two: What does buildings insurance cover?

Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairs to or, in some cases, the cost of a complete rebuild of, your home if it is damaged or destroyed due to subsidence, fire or extreme weather.

It also covers any permanent fixtures such as kitchen and bathroom fittings or any built-in cupboards or wardrobes.

In addition, some insurers will include cover for outbuildings, boundary walls, drives and pathways and will also cover the cost of any temporary accommodation should your home be unfit to live in following a claim.

However, this varies between insurers so it is always best to check the terms of your policy.

Rate This Article

Click on a star to rate this article.

6 ratings

About This Guide

01 December 2011
Written By:
Clare Francis
Home insurance


Rated 3/5 (average from 6 ratings)

Related News

More News...