Moneysupermarket.com Limited (company number 3945937) is the data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the processing of your personal data in connection with the Services. Our registered address is Moneysupermarket House, St David's Park, Ewloe, Chester, CH5 3UZ. If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal data or any other related data protection questions, please contact our Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we collect
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us in the course of registering for and/or using our Services, for example, in order to obtain comparative quotes for car insurance or when taking part in our online discussion forums. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Website, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Website, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your transactions, together with details of your financial information, for example, bank account or payment details.
Telephone calls that you make to our customer services help line on 0845 345 5708 may be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
Purposes for which we use information about you
We and other members of the Moneysupermarket Group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services; and/or
- to personalise and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analysing market trends and customer demographics; and/or
- to communicate with you, including sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you, and sending you annual insurance renewal quotes based on information you previously provided to us if you have requested insurance quotes; and/or
- to process a transaction between you and a third party.
Passing on information about you
As part of using our Services you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Third parties, including but not limited to companies whose products or services are included on our website with a view to providing you with an online quotation for the product and/or service requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. Some third parties with which we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- Some product providers may carry out checks against data they already hold on you (or is held by the company whose brand they administer the product for, or members of their group of companies) such as data from existing products, account data or loyalty scheme data. They may use this data to help them assess and rate your application for a quote and determine your premiums. They may also pass this data to their insurance underwriters for these purposes where applicable.
- The Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
- Selected other third parties whose products, services or other offers we believe may interest you (see our section on Keeping you informed about offers and services below);
- If you use our Services to search for and compare insurance products, the information you provide may be used to carry out certain credit checks through licensed credit-referencing agencies. This is used as part of the underwriting process for some of the insurance providers and a record of this search will be made although this will not adversely affect your credit profile.
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you, or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law; and/or
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency; and/or
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or the company.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Keeping you informed of offers and services
You agree that we and other trusted third parties shall be entitled to advise you via e-mail, post, telephone or by text of products, services and other offers we think may interest you. For example, we may e-mail you letting you know how you could save money by changing products and services.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to us and others using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting our Customer Services team on 0845 345 5708 (lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.30) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
You can also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes, which we will do. Such a request may result in us ceasing to offer the Services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies for further information about unsubscribing.
Improving our Service to you
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the website. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the website.
Third party providers and data privacy
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on this Website;
- understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this Website so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. The cookie used to keep you signed in to your account expires after 90 days. Every time you visit moneysupermarket.com, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using this Service, you consent to us using cookies.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.
The advertisements that you see displayed on our website are delivered on our behalf by certain third party advertising companies. No information which identifies you, for example your name, address, email address or telephone number, is used to provide this advertising. In order to display advertising most likely to be relevant to you, these third party advertisers may place or recognize a unique "cookie" on your browser. This cookie does not collect personal data about you nor is it linked to any identifiable information about you. It is possible to block cookies by adjusting your browser settings, as mentioned above. By using this Service you are consenting to the use of these third party cookies for these purposes.
If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
This website has also implemented and uses Display Advertising using Google Analytics which permits advertisements and remarketing to be served on third party websites across the internet relating to a search made on any of the Moneysupermarket Group websites. Moneysupermarket Group and third parties, including Google use first party cookies and third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve such advertisements. These advertisements can be opted out of or customised using the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
Transferring your information abroad
Information supplied by you to us will only be transferred outside the European Economic Area by us or our agents where this is necessary for the purpose of performing obligations to you, or when you have given your prior consent to such transfer.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. For example, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we have about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a £10 fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.
Your responsibility for the information you provide
You must check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on this Website is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.